Cryo companies after all the mergers...who's good to work for?

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by speedyk, Mar 12, 2019.

1. scott180

scott180 Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Tooele, UT
    Linde as a whole seems good.
    I'm sad that my co-driver didn't talk to me but I am the second driver to not be able to team with him so maybe he thinks he had to complain first.
    It sucks that you can get kicked off a truck and transferred to local or maybe fired at a drop of a hat.
    I didn't hit anything at least. But we will see.

Dennixx Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    What he said....^^^^^.....

--Lual

4. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    @scott180 --

Soooooo....to recap:

• Your co-driver ratted on you to your immediate superiors, without discussing whatever the problem is/was, with you--FIRST. :rolleyes:
    • You are not the first driver to "flunk out" as a teammate with this same co-driver.
    • You're (supposedly) in the "hot seat" with a manager--even though you didn't hit anything/hurt anyone....??? o_O
    • Linde (at that location) has had a string of injuries/accidents, of late. I'm just guessing.....that's (in part) why you had that "ride along".....?

I'm hardly in a position to "weigh in" on all the above....since I clearly don't have all the facts.

However--it sounds like that "divorce" from that co-driver of yours is basically a blessing in disguise......:violent3:

In any case, keep us posted on how this plays out.....:biggrin_2556:

--Lual

5. scott180

Dec 10, 2012
    Tooele, UT
    It may well be blessing.
    While I disagree with what my co-driver did I have to assume he didn't feel comfortable. He likes to go to every single gear no matter what. I match the gear to the speed so for instance if I'm empty I may go from 5th to 7th and skip 6th. He didn't like that so I actually started to do it his way to placate him.
    He preferred a work till you are tired and switch instead of the set 12h schedule. So sometimes I'd run out my clock and then start in again as soon as my 10h was up. So you'd sleep and work at all different hours. I tried it and it worked so I was fine doing it that way. I just made sure I was putting in the miles and work and then didn't bother with the who did what stuff. He put in the work too so no complaints.
    No shoes on the carpeted area. I was fine with.
    Keep the truck ultra clean. I was very happy with.
    Minimal amount of stuff brought in the truck. Again I was fine with that and agreed with it as well.
    At the load/unload stops whoever was in the sleeper would wake up and help. He said that two eyes were better than one and then they'd go back to bed. I was mostly fine with that one because sometimes I needed my rest.
    I was thinking that if his next partner is not as accommodating he may be stuck with the guy. How do you explain losing a third partner?
    I had trouble sleeping while he drove at times but I didn't complain because I was trying to sleep in a moving truck, what the heck did I want?

As for the driveway I did misjudge it and had to back out. If I'd been there before I'd of taken a different route to avoid turning in that way. But I didn't hit anything. I watched the swing and when I wasn't sure I GOAL. And then I did need to back back out about ten feet onto a street and go around the block. So definitely my responsibility, but I didn't hit anything.

I had started to quit because a trainer was having troubles at home and tried to take it out on me and I couldn't tolerate it anymore after a week so I told the boss I was done. He offered me another trainer and I finished up with him and started working with my co-driver.
    I always felt like I was on egg shells so I tried not to do anything to get myself in trouble. Guess that didn't work.

We will see what happens.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2023
    Gearjammin' Penguin Thanks this.
  6. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    Just tell the boss your codriver is a control freak and apparently isn't flexible enough to drive w anyone but himself.
    Don't let it bother you.
    In the end we're all just driving a truck, making a wage and trying to get home safely each day or week.

7. scott180

Dec 10, 2012
    Tooele, UT
    I'm just doing the woe is me bit because it just happened today.
    Maybe I was too accommodating. He never demanded anything and since most of it worked to get the job done I was fine with it. I like to just roll with it if I can because for me most things really aren't worth the argument. I wanted my co-driver happy and comfortable so things would be as smooth and drama free as possible. I never once had an argument with him. I thought he was a good partner. Unfortunately he did not think the same of me.

8. Dennixx

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    Still think you won't get canned.
    Don't let it worry you.
    Nobody wants to go through the job search hassle again, them or you.
    Unless something else went down I think you'll be retained.

lual, scott180 and Rugerfan Thank this.
  9. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    At the end of the day you misjudged a turn but didn’t curb the trailer tires or take out any light poles or Ballards. I don’t see the big deal there. I’d just ask for another person to ride with if that’s what you want, or just be a local guy for them. Give it some time to think about it. I’m not a Linde guy, I haul corrosives but I know Linde is a pretty solid job.

scott180 and Dennixx Thank this.
  10. Dennixx

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    After you've completed your probation the codriver is simply a coworker.
    He is not your boss and his opinions are his own. He does not TELL you what to do but asks respectfully.
    His seniority allows him nothing in regards to you except to bid ahead.
    Personally I'd tell him to piss up a rope if he told me what I can or couldn't bring.
    It's half your rig too!

BTW Tell your driver manager I work for Pete and I'd tell him the same as I told you.

Rugerfan Thanks this.
  11. scott180

Dec 10, 2012
    Tooele, UT
    How do you like hauling corrosives? Know of a good company in UT

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.