Cryo companies after all the mergers...who's good to work for?

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by speedyk, Mar 12, 2019.

1. scott180

scott180 Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Tooele, UT
    I believe he is in for a posable surprise when they finally find him a co-driver again.
    While he didn't demand I was willing to go along to get along. Not everyone feels that way. He may wish he hadn't complained. But he'll have 2-4 months before they find someone. Maybe he just wants to be on his own. I don't know.

Dennixx Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. scott180

Dec 10, 2012
    Tooele, UT
    My wife wants me to quit. She said she could tell how unhappy I've been.

4. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    @scott180 --

The GOOD news: You clearly have a very supportive spouse (& I envy you, for that).

The BAD news: Your former co-driver was/is clearly suffering from a serious deficiency of soluble fiber in his diet. :) :p :D

--Lual

RockinChair and scott180 Thank this.
  5. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    I like it most days. We do a lot of specialty stuff so it’s multi compartment trailers and lots of washing out. Drivers do all the work from making blends to washing out, to loading. We top load everything. Have stainless and fiberglass and rubber lined trailers. Some of our trailers have 2 stainless compartments and 1 lined compartment. We also run bulk trailers. FDE1C7AF-2D2B-4025-9CC4-12A6CB6B9DDC.jpeg D8FDC40F-1A30-494E-99F2-B0C37D5C913A.jpeg

scott180 Thanks this.
  6. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
  7. scott180

Dec 10, 2012
    Tooele, UT
    Cool trucks.
    How's the pay?

8. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    Pay is top tier. I was looking at them in Portland.
    As for Garfield, there is a reason they have massive turnover and you saw a small part of it, I wont go into the management there. They used to have a safey gal called kamakaze Kim or something like that who fired a bunch of driver over absolute BS. One guy was fired because he didnt put his chocks down when he did a GOAL while backing into a spot. I wont go into anymore, but you, in no way, should doubt yourself or even worry about it if you leave.

You can go talk to thatcher chemical right across the streeet from sapp brothers. $100k+ a year and the best retitrement package I have ever seen. You will be challenged like you never have before, but you get your own truck, your loads are preloaded for you and you head out, unload and come right back. They had local drivers and regional drivers. as a regional, you will work 5.5 days until your 70 is up. I only left becasue I threw a tantrum at their dispatching and a particular dispatcher. A mistake on my part.

KSL has tons of driving jobs Search Transportation & Logistics Jobs | KSL.com
    I worked for L.W. Miller up in North Salt Lake. They have Tankers, Fuel, and Pneumatics.
    There are several companies that are looking for drivers for FedEx ground. They have all sorts of shifts. I think you mainly run team, but if you have no issues with it, I've heard its not a bad gig.
    There companies looking for guys to haul oil out of the Unita basin.
    DD Distribution in North Salt Lake is always looking for guys, they haul asphalt and some other products.
    Albertsons in north salt lake is hiring and they are Union.

You have a ton of options. There are several CDL temp compnaies that have work, ProDrivers, CDL staffing services and Trillium.

You could quit now and be working by thursday.

scott180 and lual Thank this.
  9. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    "a safey gal called kamakaze Kim or something like that"....

:biggrin_2559: :biggrin_2559: :biggrin_2559:

--Lual

scott180 Thanks this.
  10. scott180

Dec 10, 2012
    Tooele, UT
    Thanks for all the jobs information. I'll definitely be putting in applications tomorrow. Seriously appreciated.

My wife wants me to be done with Garfield because of the change she's seen in me. A toxic environment I guess does where off on you no matter how hard you try not to let it.

I'm quitting tomorrow.

Linde has rave reviews from drivers and even at Garfield everyone likes the work and pay, but not the work environment. Everyone seems unhappy and on guard at Garfield. I don't want to live my life like that or worse become like that.

I never met Kim. The saftey guy when I started was Darren but he was fired for a undisclosed reason. The driver manager is new too. I guess they go through one every year or so.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2023
  11. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    That speaks volumes. If a place can't even keep driver managers then there's no way they're going to be able to keep drivers until they make some major changes.

Good luck with your job search.

Speedy356, Dennixx and scott180 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.