Cryo companies after all the mergers...who's good to work for?

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by speedyk, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Johny

Johny Bobtail Member

Nov 5, 2018
    so, when they advertise, the average earnings is $75K, or some say $80K average per year, how many hours per week, or month would that be for?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    Don't know how they come to the average number.
    The hiring banner for us says our drivers average 90K..which seems low but I don't track the hours worked by others. I would guess that average # would be around 50 hrs per week.

4. Boom Tube

Boom Tube Light Load Member

Sep 24, 2019
    I work at least 50 hours per week for that, but always less than 60. Long shifts, but the work is easy and clean. I feel like I have more money now than when I was OTR and rarely home. Also, I live in the southeast, so pay may be more depending on your cost of living.

5. Johny

Johny Bobtail Member

Nov 5, 2018
    Thank you gents for replying to my questions, I appreciate it

6. OV1D

OV1D Bobtail Member

Dec 15, 2009
    ILLINOIS
    Hi Dennixx, which of the companies listed do you work for?

7. Dennixx

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    Praxair..which is now Linde

8. OV1D

OV1D Bobtail Member

Dec 15, 2009
    ILLINOIS
    Thanks.
    I live near Rockford Il. You mentioned your company could add four to five drivers. I have three plus years as a fuel hauler.
    What do you know about Messer?

9. Dennixx

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    The praxair/linde merger about 3 yrs ago forced some divestment and messer probably got a bit bigger. We still have some of their plants we service, mostly in se wi and il. I just went over by burns harbor last month for argon and saw quite a few over that way. Don't see many up here in mn but all of the cryo companies basically run the same and compete for customers. Pay and benefits are what differentiates them. Seem to have newer equipment than us but really don't know any drivers.

10. OV1D

OV1D Bobtail Member

Dec 15, 2009
    ILLINOIS
    Thanks again. I visited the Linde web site to find no jobs available within a 40 mile radius. I don't know if you take the truck home, if you live too far from the terminal, but that would be my only option. I would not care to commute any further for a home daily.
    Thank you for sharing your knowledge of and experience with, Linde.

Dennixx Thanks this.
  11. Dennixx

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    All units return to the plant daily. We have guys w a hour commute each way but that's too much for this ol truck driver.
    Pretty sure airgas, messer or air products, and maybe matheson, have plants within commuting distance. Sometimes a hiring location is just a yard where drivers work out of and then go down the road to fill trailers.
    It's a good paying, clean and easy segment of trucking to get into but it is better to do it early cause all, whether union or not, work you on a seniority basis.

Rocks Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.