CSA put me out of buisness

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by bananajack, May 9, 2012.

1. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Data analysts are bottom feeders.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Everyone is someone's bottom feeder.

48Packard and Onetruckpony Thank this.
  4. shredfit1

shredfit1 Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2008
    MN
    Well, not really.

Now the insurance company has direct access to data created by warnings... NOT citations or violations. Warnings! Of course, one does not get to fairly contest any warnings. Unless you call the DataQ joke a fair contest.

5. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    So what the insurance companies are doing are creating profiles for drivers. A driver that shows a pattern of poor inspection probably has poor behaviors. These drivers then become statistically more likely to be a liability so they don't want to insure them. Makes sense too me, it's not a very fair system and you could lose a few drivers that do not have bad behaviors but my guess is the ends justify the means. Insurance company ends up paying out less in the end and collecting more in premiums.

Onetruckpony Thanks this.
  6. MNdriver

MNdriver Road Train Member

Feb 24, 2012
    I'll thank BigJay for this lesson in life.

It's actually called Actuary science. They figure out the "profiles" and statistics behind the insurance.

http://www.beanactuary.org/why/?fa=day-in-the-life

7. shredfit1

shredfit1 Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2008
    MN
    Now your being silly. One could say this about anything... Alcohol related accidents still occur daily despite the rigid enforcement in place on the matter. Should we then ban all alcoholic beverages? Would that end justify the means? Oops, they already tried that and it didn't work out so well.

I also doubt that CSA will do ANYTHING to improve safety. They want perfection, and.... bubble buster.... the world isn't perfect. Moreover, what was in place before CSA obviously WAS working... more trucks on the road than EVER and accident fatality rate is down. One really has to wonder, if you have something with evidence that it is indeed working... Let's change it... To me, this is absolutely absurd.

8. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere

This is government in a nutshell. A bunch of "intellectuals" who believe their thinking on behalf of the population will make a more perfect world. Monumental egos and too many statistics equals level misery.

KD8FQB Thanks this.
  9. MNdriver

MNdriver Road Train Member

Feb 24, 2012
    ever wonder WHY that fatality rate is down?

because some bean head is sitting there looking at what's happening and looking to put it together "in a big picture" and those things that cause the deaths are slowly eliminated or mitigated.

10. KD8FQB

KD8FQB Light Load Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Michigan
    It seems to me that CSA is more of a benefit to insurance companies than safety on the highway.

I see the point behind CSA, since the only thing a driver can do anymore to protect their livelihood is do everything by the book, but with some companies these days it seems that running legal will get you fired quicker than having a marker light out. :biggrin_25521:

So I guess my question would be is this going to turn into a battle between company and driver as to who is going to eat those points when the load doesn't allow for time to make things legal?

Seems to me that the system is a little unbalanced.

11. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    It's a flawed system to say the least. I'm not a big fan of anything on a percentile grade, you can look really good if everyone sucks, or you can look really bad if everyone is really good. The peer groups that companies are compared against are way too large and they can fluctuate on a semi-regular basis.

KD8FQB Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.