CSA put me out of buisness

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by bananajack, May 9, 2012.

1. Scalemaster

Scalemaster Heavy Load Member

Mar 13, 2011
    Midwest
    What he described was not a particularly terrible inspection. I see much worse on a daily basis.

Some, or all, of those items would have been picked up by a good pre-trip, and maybe that is what a carrier is looking at. I don't know.

vangtransport Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KD8FQB

KD8FQB Light Load Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Michigan
    I just found some info from the SMS website about a nice little write up from a local company that is well known for having illegal runs.

One driver got a ticket in Illinois and had the following violations: (CSA weight listed)

Violation: 395.3(a)(1) Requiring or permitting driver to drive more than 11 hours (Non-OOS) 7

Violation: 395.3(a)(2) Requiring or permitting driver to drive after 14 hours on duty (OOS) 9 =7 (violation weight) + 2 (OOS)

Violation: 395.3(b) 60/70 - hour rule violation (OOS)
    9=7 (violation weight) + 2 (OOS)

Violation: 395.8 Log violation (general/form and manner) (Non-OOS) 2

Severity Weight: 27
    Time Weight: 3
    Time Severity Weight: 81

Yet this guy got supposedly got 110 points (29 more than completely ########## your logs) for a torn strap, a bald tire, a headlight out and a clearance light?

Did they test him for drugs too? :biggrin_2559:

4. ladywrongway03

ladywrongway03 Heavy Load Member

Aug 28, 2008
    trotwood oh
    hit a deer lost headlight.Made a report.got stopped 30 miles down the road.no headlight,hazard light and 67 in a 65. got stopped again when I bought my new truck that was governed.64 max.got passed by 2 trucks who was doing 70.Indiana pulled me over for what?following to close.All I could do is beg for a ticket and laugh.I agree csa 2010 is a joke,when my safety director pulled me in and he found out the circumstances,he just shook his head and said bye.Not all companies are looking at your score

DrtyDiesel Thanks this.
  5. last 1

last 1 Medium Load Member

Nov 29, 2009
    I have no sympathy for any one with a tire at less than 2/32's after all it didn't just happen as he was going down the road. The head light thing and the way he says it was only a high beam makes me wonder about his whole attitude toward fixing things when they need repaired. New member, just joined and 10 posts makes me wonder if he is just looking for someone to say "it will be alright your not that bad of a guy keep up the good work" well not from me. Sorry I call it as I see it and I thinks I smell a TROLL!!!

6. Tazz

Tazz Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Lynchburg,Tn

I have no idea but if they came from that site I would say yes. People quote stuff off of that CSA2010.com even though it isn't even updated or accurate.That waas my only point. If people are going to quote numbers the agency issuing them might be the place to go yes?

Not that 23 or 69 actually have a dang thing to do with his llittle story. He could say I had a bad inspection and people do not like my PSP. But he has no points and calling a carrier and saying" I have 110 CSA points will you hire me" will get you rejected on the IQ scale.

7. delta5

delta5 Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Ohio
    Sorry Im late to post here, been busy working...

[​IMG]

last 1 and Tazz Thank this.
  8. Tazz

Tazz Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Lynchburg,Tn
    No they do not. And the little trolls fiction of new carriers inheriting your points is BS as well. They do not, you as an individual have no points to transfer to another company.

His story is most likely fictional to create a hundred page thread of the evils of enforcing FMCSR's.

last 1 Thanks this.
  9. revelation1911

revelation1911 Heavy Load Member

Dec 25, 2011
    Moody Alabama
    You showed up just in time to spray the post before and after your post here. Maybe it will work? Does it work on lahood worshippers?

10. Sly Fox

Sly Fox Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2009
    No, but by running your background history they can tally up your points you earned in the past three years, weighted, and see if you keep up your current trend what you'll do to their score while you're on theirs.

If you're higher than their average driver, you could wind up making them look worse than better.

11. Tazz

Tazz Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Lynchburg,Tn
    Absolutely. Doubt anyone takes time to add up some fictional score though. Very simple to look at a drivers record of inspections and crashes(PSP report) and get an idea of how they completed their duties for previous employers.

One bad inspection isn't holding anyone from a job. At least not from anybody I would consider emp.oying.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.