CSA scores = NO PREPASS?

Discussion in 'Boyd' started by Frog7950, Jun 15, 2012.

1. aiwiron

aiwiron Road Train Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Sunny Tampa Florida
    Virginia and North Carolina does that also, blow one coop and the one across the state will nab you and red light you into the scales if they are open.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Frenzy

Frenzy Medium Load Member

Mar 24, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    Doesn't seem very PrePass to me.

flightwatch and grizzly Thank this.
  4. aiwiron

aiwiron Road Train Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Sunny Tampa Florida
    Same thing different name

5. grizzly

grizzly Medium Load Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Layton, Ut
    "The state of Washington is a member of the North American Pre-clearance and Safety System (NORPASS)."

That is directly from the link you posted.

Oregon has it's own program called Green Light. They provide the transponders free of charge. Here are the requirements: A motor carrier's truck qualifies for a Green Light transponder if it has permanent Oregon registration credentials, it has three axles or more in combination with a minimum registered GVW of 34,001 pounds, it visits Green Light sites an average of at least once per month, and the carrier does not have an unsatisfactory safety fitness rating.

Neither of these states are Prepass and are NOT listed on Prepass' web site.

6. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    CA...gold discovery foothills
    OR and WA work together...in WA, if weight is below a specific limit, my PrePass will show a green to bypass a scale (SB on I-5, mm42) entry scale (NB, mm14) rarely get a green to bypass...NorPass and Prepass work together with the same radio frequency, information from Prepass is not shared with WA (NorPass), but all info and photo capture from OR are tied into the WA system.

That statement from Prepass about not sharing the info for enforcement went out the door when DOT and courts threatened them with loss of accountability (use by trucks) at scale houses...they caved and share everything. Now the advertising has remained...and that is all it is is advertising...a hook...to get you in the door to buy (rent) their product. Each transponder is "truck specific", all the info about the truck is there for the coop to see as you pass...VIN, MC/DOT #, company. It is nothing but a "convenience" for a driver...pure and simple!

7. tyler3102

tyler3102 Bobtail Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Wouldnt this be a huge false advertisment case for any lawyer in the country then?

flightwatch and grizzly Thank this.
  8. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    CA...gold discovery foothills
    Not really...since they don't "volunteer" the info, they wait for a subpoena.

9. tyler3102

tyler3102 Bobtail Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Ok your reply makes no sense to me. you say,"Not really...since they don't "volunteer" the info, they wait for a subpoena." If this information is on there offical company website I would be led to believe this information is correct for anyone who puchases the product based on advertisement from the website. Which means that anyone who has purchased this product, been misled, should have a open and shut case based on the information you are saying. Im willing to believe that someone like prepass has enough capital and attorneys to not put themselves in a place to lose millions of dollars. Im not a lawyer. But just seems kinda fishy?

10. Skunk_Truck_2590

Skunk_Truck_2590 Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2007
    Stonewall, LA.
    I think a couple of you are ### backwards. One is talking about prepass for toll's and the other is talking about EZpass for scale's. lol. Well one can only hope the prepass isn't time stamped. If thats the case and they look back through the companies I have worked for, I'm screwed! :evil4:

11. flightwatch

flightwatch Road Train Member

Jun 22, 2011
    Somewhere in Texas
    A little misinformtion by a few uniformed people going on around here. This stuff is all on the internet if you do a little searching.

idiots.jpg

Regarding DOT recording info off of the Prepass: Do you guys have any evidence to back your claims up, or should I go get my tin foil hat? According to PrePass: more idiots.jpg more idiots 2.jpg

tyler3102 and grizzly Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.