current info on usxpress and orientation

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by bigpapa7272, Nov 15, 2008.

1. musicgal

musicgal Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Carthage, Missouri
    Expected turnaround time depends entirely on which terminal you are at....LOL

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SheepDog

SheepDog Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI

This is true,,but lets not sit on the side of the road because we don't have the tools to fix a couple lights or adjust brakes on the trailer.. Hech, even being able to change a fuel filter will save time. That being said, it is the company truck so if they say don't touch, than don't touch...

4. Poobah

Poobah Light Load Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Arizona

USX does give their drivers some very nice, newer equipment. When I was at Watkins Shepard they taught us how to adjust the slack adjusters (9/16" wrench) and change the fuel filters, even provided us with a fuel filter wrench. Of course most of the fleet's equipment had 500,000 or more miles it, so keeping within warranty limitations wasn't an issue. Some company's expect their drivers to do minor things, as long as the driver is comfortable with it and has the permission of the shop. There were times a shop mechanic would walk me through procedures over the phone. Reading of some of the problems the new assembled-in-Mexico Cascaidia's have been having, perhaps having a truck with a few hundred thousand miles on it isn't too bad after all.

SheepDog and NoCoCraig Thank this.
  5. susiq

susiq Bobtail Member

Jan 22, 2011
    Orlando, Florida
    Ok, so hubby is on his way to Tunnel Hill for orientation. Question, what are some names of some good trainers? Can you request one of them? Of course, we all want good trainers that would make things better:biggrin_25514: Hubby already been through training with one company with a female from heLL :yes2557:

6. HD_Renegade

HD_Renegade Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2010
    North Carolina
    He is kind of a day early isnt he?? I thought that Orientation did not start until Monday??

7. NoCoCraig

NoCoCraig Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    They have recently started doing the drive tests on Sunday to get them all done on time

transportHER Thanks this.
  8. transportHER

transportHER <strong>The Dynamic Duo</strong>

May 3, 2011
    Wow, you just said a mouth full. I am am a newbie, but one of the questions I kept asking repeatedly to my instructors was "can you give me a list of a tool kit" so I can be prepared.? We had the greatest trainers! They gave us the heads up on all the things that COULD go wrong when droppin n hookin. I hear you and I am SO green.

SheepDog Thanks this.
  9. HD_Renegade

HD_Renegade Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2010
    North Carolina
    I have heard of classes of 100 people in Tunnel Hill

10. susiq

susiq Bobtail Member

Jan 22, 2011
    Orlando, Florida
    yes, the road test is today for hubby - got in by bus and 2:00 a.m. road test at 9:00 a.m.

11. SheepDog

SheepDog Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    HD Renegade,,,see you at 3p.m. today...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.