CURRENT!... L/P Operators @ KLLM, I would like to pick your brain. Lol!

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by BoutMyMoney86, Nov 2, 2014.

1. BigSarge803

BigSarge803 Light Load Member

Nov 25, 2014
    I was making decent money with them. I was running the southeast region out of the Atlanta terminal. But I would look at other lease purchase opportunities before signing on with them. I just felt like a glorified company driver.

when I got to orientation it was pretty much all new trucks to choose from meaning a super high weekly truck note. I lgot a 2012 cascadia for 395 per week for a 3 year term. But there is no trailer rental fee and you get reimbursed for reefer fuel.
    Running the southeast region you are paid on % and they don't tell you what the load actually pays before they take their cut, so that leaves you wondering, ( like #### I know that this load should pay more ). But it all seems like cheap freight to me.

you don't get to choose your loads nor do you have access to a load board. Once you are empty and put in your empty call you wait on your manager to send or call you with a load. You may get lucky and get preplanned over the weekend. If you turn down a load you may sit a while(almost like punishment). but they do have some high paying loads and good runs.

you have to put in for home time/time off. Once my driver manager made me deadhead from winter haven fl back to Columbia sc because she forgot about my off time for my military drills.
    ( I was like you mean to tell me that their is no freight at all in fl it's Wednesday I don't need to home till Saturday morning, and their is nothing Along the way that I can pick up?)

overall it it was ok my time their was draining, not because I had to run hard, you don't have to run hard to make it at kllm just gotta be in the right places at the right times I guess.

i left because I had got called up to go to Afghanistan, before I left they told me that all the money that I paid towards my truck would be applied to another truck upon My return and upon my return they wouldn't honor the deal and wanted me to sign a new lease on a brand new truck for 6 years.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.