Current state of trucking industry summed up into one image

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Kenworth6969, Apr 30, 2022.

1. teemobile707

teemobile707 Bobtail Member

May 1, 2020
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. teemobile707

teemobile707 Bobtail Member

May 1, 2020
    Oh, that was coffee?

4. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Yeah, ha, ha, big joke, diesel yesterday hit $5.59/gal, up from $5.29 last week in central Colorado. Gas won't be far behind. I don't see NEAR as many dually pickups pulling 30 foot gooseneck campers and 4 ATV's behind that. So what's going to happen? Tourism, which this state sorely depends on, that and dope, ( which oddly go hand in hand) will take a hit,( I know) making things even worse. The local hardware store, can't get bags of wood pellets, the spoiled brats in their mountain homes, who wouldn't think of gathering their own wood, are furious. The warehouse has them, nobody to deliver. That may or may not be true, but one thing is crystal clear, we are in a mess that we may not recover from, anytime soon, anyway. I think Americas cushy "gimmee, gimmee" lifestyle in $40,000 pickup trucks and homes a Shah would like, is going to come to a screeching halt. Companies will have no choice but to raise prices even more, in a "snowball" effect, making things even worse, $4 bucks for a box of crackers? Really?:biggrin_25513: Where is all that extra money going?:dontknow: Without getting too political, was this going to happen anyway no matter who is in charge?

Last edited: May 1, 2022
  5. Heaveninamoment

Heaveninamoment Light Load Member

Oct 16, 2018
    Milky Way
    Everything happens always no matter who is in charge. No matter the age or time frame. It’s all the same. Life is good, so good. Enjoy it.

6. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Oh, I'm okay, but I don't have a $1,000/week fuel bill anymore either. I retired in the Rocky Mountains, and let me tell you, it's mighty easy forgetting about the worlds problems up on a mountain vista. I planned for that in my retirement. I don't really want to know what's going on, I, and people my age (67) have paid their dues. But coming "back to earth" and seeing the despair on the peoples faces, what to "axe" next, being "alive" is always good, but our "life" today isn't so good, sorry. I realize, we've been through some rough times, as a country, but I don't think it was ever to the magnitude it is today, for a great many reasons..

7. Brandonpdx

Brandonpdx Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Elkhart, IN
    It's been decades in the making...getting closer to a century in the making so whoever the Johnny come lately administration is wont change anything. They can slow it down or speed it up sometimes.

truckdriver31, dwells40 and 201 Thank this.
  8. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Love’s stall after messing with the Tornado taquitos!lol

9. Heaveninamoment

Heaveninamoment Light Load Member

Oct 16, 2018
    Milky Way
    $2,000 a week is the average. 3,000 miles divided by 7.5 mpg = 400 Gallons at $4.50 (discounted rate) = $1,800, then there’s DEF, that’ll fill in the gap. I am also retired from the worlds problems. Life has never been better in fact for the country and the whole world. Someone told me something once, they said woe unto the man who stored up his riches to live with his feet kicked up away from others. You can only see what you want to see. Looking at others only reveals what’s inside the one looking. Your response is valid but only for yourself, you see despair -valid because you feel guilty for your easy life-you said its never been this bad-valid but only because you personally haven’t been disadvantaged how everyone else is around you which you couldn’t possibly feel unless you’re refusing to give in to that faint tiny feeling that you should do something big to help them, the ones you know of. Anyone who’s actually been through hard times when everyone else lived it up would see the current situation and laugh, and say relax everything is fine, do this and that and chill and enjoy.

10. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    $5.59 a gallon for the “go-go punch” at the Pilot in Shelbyville,Indiana.

It’s going to be a sad day for a lot of o/o’s if fuel prices go up to $7 a gallon. And let’s not forget, we’re right around the corner from the summer driving season. That’s gonna drive the demand for fuel up even further.

11. 59EX

59EX Medium Load Member

Jun 27, 2015
    Fuel at a all time high, yet no shortage of trucks blowing my doors off while I'm cruising on the interstate @60MPH.

Can't fix stupid.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.