Cypress truck lines Jacksonville FL are their school any good?

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by C.S.T, Nov 15, 2017.

1. C.S.T

C.S.T Light Load Member

Nov 15, 2017
    They hired from Tampa I think. During my training, I drove my own car to Jax cause I wanted to go home on the weekend. I live in Albany GA and that's three hours away from jax. They provide a place to stay so i was straight. After passing my cdl class and test., they found a trainer for me. During that time I went the frieghts was slow so my trainer would be off on the weekends and so do I. One thing for show is his rules and you gotta go by it. If he say met me here by 4am and you don't then he will leave u. I'm a southeast regional driver. I'm in a different city everyday so it a OTR dawg.

TruckingCutie88 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TruckingCutie88

TruckingCutie88 Bobtail Member

Aug 1, 2018
    Jacksonville FL
    Hello trucker,,, Im in Jacksonville as well.. may i have the pros and cons about the training? how long is their contract? how many weeks in training?

4. RussianBearTruckeR

RussianBearTruckeR Heavy Load Member

Jul 9, 2018
    Jacksonville, FL
    hey cutie, Cypress is strictly FlatBed - I had a recruiter tell me her former students complained about the companies old trucks - can't verify that but can pass that info along - try finding some current drivers & poke around!

5. C.S.T

C.S.T Light Load Member

Nov 15, 2017
    The four weeks of training for me was amazing. The instructors there never gave up on me. They kept pushing me to do better. Tom and Pete . Contract is 18 months. I'm in my 8 month right now. After the four weeks of training you will go with a road driver trainer for 7 weeks. So it almost three months of training. Cypress have dump trucks, dry van, and flatbed. I heard there is a woman driving a dump truck but I never met her. I say give it a shot!

6. kilacroc41

kilacroc41 Bobtail Member

Oct 16, 2017
    Albany Ga
    4week you can do an extra week ,get paid every friday 250 dollars first week check 165 the take out for drug test physical all pros no cons

TruckingCutie88 and C.S.T Thank this.
  7. C.S.T

C.S.T Light Load Member

Nov 15, 2017
    That 250 came in handy. I paid my bills with them checks.

8. TruckingCutie88

Aug 1, 2018
    Jacksonville FL
    @cst... Thanks hunni for your reply.. I've applied just waiting to hear back from my recruiter with 24-72 hours. I'm looking forward to joining them

9. TruckingCutie88

Aug 1, 2018
    Jacksonville FL
    Thanks hunni for your reply.. I've applied just waiting to hear back from my recruiter with 24-72 hours. I'm looking forward to joining them

C.S.T Thanks this.
  10. C.S.T

C.S.T Light Load Member

Nov 15, 2017
    Did you apply for a position also?

11. TruckingCutie88

Aug 1, 2018
    Jacksonville FL
    Yes i did... just waiting to hear back

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.