Cypress

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by chadsch00, Mar 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chadsch00

chadsch00 Bobtail Member

Mar 13, 2007
    I was told by a Cypress recruiter that you have weekends off for regional and local routes. I have custody every other weekend of my daughter. Does anyone know if Cypress is good with their word about this. Also, is Cypress the only company for regional and local routes that makes this claim?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jack5

jack5 Light Load Member

Jun 1, 2005
    garland,tx
    Is this Cypress out of FL.? If it is,RUN,don't walk away.

4. chadsch00

chadsch00 Bobtail Member

Mar 13, 2007
    It is Cypress out of Florida.....why?

5. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    I would look at Mcelroy if I wanted weekends off and wanted to pull a skateboard.

6. Cerberus101

Cerberus101 Heavy Load Member

Oct 25, 2006
    Georgia
    i looked at cypress awhile back, they have out dated equipment and are not the top flat bed companies you want to look at. run dude run. look at mcelroy and tmc...............

7. TheAngryFisherman

TheAngryFisherman Bobtail Member

Feb 14, 2007
    I just went through a 5 week training/orientation with Cypress.

I agree with the others...run, run fast! Why?

One trainer I was with on the road ran illegal....EVERY DAY! The equipment is old.

They use the "trainees" during load securement in Jax as free labor. On the road you work 14-15 hours per day...as free labor.

At the end of your training...they look for ways to get rid of you.....they do not have enough trucks to assign to those who make it through their "training/orientation".

I was supposed to meet a trainer at 4:30 a.m. and spend the week with him. I sat at the yard until 15:45 p.m waiting to catch a ride with another driver to take me to meet the trainer in B'ham. This driver did not have a passenger seat! To make a long story short, did not get to B'ham until 12:30 a.m........The trainer said we needed to leave at 2:30 a.m. that morning....Lets see oh ....2 hours sleep. Should I say more?

I learned a lot, got some good experience but decided flatbed trucking was not for me....

So now my search continues.

P.S. from what drivers told me.....yes they do get you home....Most weekends.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.