D.O.T. physical is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by rbrtwbstr, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Most are not doctors......lmao. they go to a two year school and have little knowledge of internal medicine. No self respecting doctor would be a chiropractor. A real doctor puts in 8 years of schooling and then years of residency.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Buckmaster1981

Buckmaster1981 Light Load Member

Jan 18, 2017
    We have 3 chiropractors within 2 county’s around here tha5 I know of and all 3 have MD after there name so I beg to differ partner

4. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    Doesn't make Chiropractic any less of a scam.

5. Buckmaster1981

Jan 18, 2017
    Sounds to me you may be one of those who got turned down at the door for wanting pills is by you criticize them ! I’m not gonna get in a pissing match about it I know what a pcp told me and what a chiropractor actually did for me is all I’m saying

6. Buckmaster1981

Jan 18, 2017
    Lol why would you think it’s a scam if it actually helps tons of people without narcotics! But there’s a terrible opioid addiction in this country because of so called real drs. And that’s a myth they only go to school for a year or two they go to school for up to 8 years as well look it up !

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  7. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    Because they're selling snake oil in the guise of real medicine. They injure people because of their BS and they're only really respected in the US. Might as well get some accupuncure for all the good they do. There's a thing called placebo effect as well as a certain amount of healing just by being touched that you can get just the same from trained massage therapists. I've never been to a chiropractor just the same as I've never been to a naturopath so all I have against them is the harm they do by playing doctor.

8. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere
    Lol I didn't expect some of these responses, but oh well.

For the record, I never had any trouble passing any DOT physical, nor do I go to the doctor unless I'm half dead. And it certainly isn't about getting pills or narcotics. The only pills I'll take is antibiotics if I'm sick. And I better be really sick for that.

I know of some very good chiropractor's, and I have nothing against any of them. They're out to make a living just like anyone else. And honestly, I'd prefer to use them over a MD when possible. But I can't believe that the DOT physical is such a joke that they'll let a chiropractor do them. To me it's like taking a car to a bicycle repair facility to get an annual safety inspection. They might know the basics, but do they really know what they're looking for?

My family doctor and I don't get along so well anymore. Last winter I was having some pain at the lower part of my chest. It would come and go, and I figured it was some bad indigestion. But it got to the point where I'd be doubled over from the pain. I figured at that point it was a hernia of some kind. Well, the doctor simply said " You can take these pills, they will cover up the problem, and then we'll know where to look.Or go take a test at the hospital which is $1300 and then we can see if there is an issue with a hernia or something else". So, I opted for the $1300 test. I wanna fix the problem, not cover it up with pills.

They found nothing. Said everything looked great. I went home and thought about it. And I realized I'd been stressed out over some things, and figured it might be stress related. So I eliminated the stress, and I've been feeling great. I'm not making drug companies wealthier, not taking pills for something I don't need. But the doctor is pissed because he lost out on more visits. And probably a kickback from the drug companies.

9. Mototom

Mototom Road Train Member

May 7, 2019
    Idk about the physical thing I’m a young guy with tinnitus and some other stuff but I pass just fine.
    As to the bone dr. You can cry if you want to but when I was doing full contact combat sports they were my friend.
    I still have chronic shoulder, hip, and neck problems and a chiropractor helps. My shoulders grind badly and my hip will lock up on the occasion. After an adjustment I’m good to go.
    I am part of the population with naturally loose joints so I can actually feel a difference after an adjustment. Massages are painful adjustments are not.

10. Mototom

Mototom Road Train Member

May 7, 2019
    You may be thinking of the new age jokers who think they can cure the flu with an adjustment. That’s NOT what I’m talking about, most are NOT like that and only seek to help people with pain related to injury, stress, or posture without drugs.
    Obviously if you have a broken bone healing you should not go for an adjustment

11. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    They call it Subluxations and it's the founding principal of Chiropractic. They believed from the start that cracking your joints will cure anything that ails you. The ones that don't believe it are a rarity.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.