D12 Turbo and exhaust

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by Chris ITC740, Jul 29, 2013.

1. lbeach180

lbeach180 Bobtail Member

Nov 22, 2017
    What was the outcome?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lbeach180

lbeach180 Bobtail Member

Nov 22, 2017
    I’m suspecting mine is stuck. I’m getting terrible mileage and low on power also the engine fan kicks on every time the engine/exhaust brakes run

4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. Milkshakes

Milkshakes Bobtail Member

Jun 28, 2019
    Hey guys I've got a similar problem with my truck's Jake brake too. When ever I turn them on, don't matter if on first step or second step, they seem to be kind of working, but the f*****g s*it won't deactivate when I turn the switch off. I turn off the switch and i can still hear the obvious Jake brake sound, aswell as I'm loosing speed like crazy, when I try to accelerate, NOTHING!!! NO POWER!!! Seems like if I'm making it slow down even more, it certainly isn't gaining speed. I pull over to the side of the road and there's an obvious but rare and pretty loud air leaking sound coming from the engine bay. I shut engine completely off, and once the air leak noise is gone I fire it up right away, and it's like nothing ever happened... CAN SOMEONE PLZ HELP!!! Ive already replaced the epg ( cost me $1100 BTW) also the sensors that go on the accelerator, brake, and clutch pedals. Not sure what else to do and my mechanic is dumbfounded by this...

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  6. bravoo67

bravoo67 Light Load Member

Mar 15, 2012
    Brooklyn NY
    Dont have D12 anymore so cant check it but isnt there an air valve that supplies and cuts off air pressure to/from EPG? Might be the valve leaking or rreleasing air too slow

7. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Orrstown, PA

Did you replace the air activation solenoid on the driver side of the motor yet?

bravoo67 Thanks this.
  8. Milkshakes

Milkshakes Bobtail Member

Jun 28, 2019
    Actually no. I had no knowledge of that solenoid's existence lol. Thanks for the help. I'll let you know how it that works out for me

9. Vanilla V2

Vanilla V2 Bobtail Member

Jan 4, 2012
    St Louis, MO
  10. 46/71 Hybrid

46/71 Hybrid Bobtail Member

Feb 2, 2017
    So what happened?

• Truckers Report Jobs