d13 volvo fuel pressure issue?

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by Giovanni, Feb 5, 2019.

1. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Orrstown, PA
    ^^^ yup.

Sounds like cups leaking bad

Maki94 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Stormrider702

Stormrider702 Bobtail Member

Dec 4, 2014
    In my case, dealer said they did air test for injector issues and found nothing. They did find low compression in one of the cylinders though. Scratching my head bad on this one.

4. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Orrstown, PA
    Which air test specifically.
    Checking the return fuel for air bubbles is very important.

This is exactly how bad cups act with fuel pressure problems and power loss... Even compression loss of they're really leaking bad

5. Stormrider702

Dec 4, 2014
    Yes, they checked return for bubbles. Was negative. $1700.00 worth of diagnostics and trouble shooting so far. They claimed to have narrowed it down to the fuel filter housing, which I replaced with new oem. Still no luck.

6. Mdavid0614

Mdavid0614 Bobtail Member

Feb 13, 2019
    Your injectors are going out.....it shakes as it though u hit a pothole or brakes suddenly kicked in then injectors

7. biofumes

biofumes Light Load Member

Feb 13, 2009
    California
    Did you fix the problem, if so what was it?

8. Stormrider702

Dec 4, 2014
    That’s what I wanna know. I just changed injectors and cups and still have same issue. Wasted a lot of money so far. Hate this truck!

9. biofumes

biofumes Light Load Member

Feb 13, 2009
    California
    Having read about similar issues, and not being injectors, it seems the crank sensor can cause this problem. Around $100, but a pain to get too.

10. Stormrider702

Dec 4, 2014
    I’ll look into that. It’s a weird issue. The truck runs great under 35 mph. Soon as I hit 35 or shift into 8th gears, it loses throttle and wants to stall out. I unplugged the speed sensor so it’s not an ecu problem, can’t find any pinched or folded fuel hoses. And the pick line inside the tank is aluminum. I changed the fuel filter housing and the truck does not have a davco filter. Can’t figure this out.

11. Newto Trucking

Newto Trucking Medium Load Member

Dec 26, 2013
    NE Illinois
    Do you have a boost gauge?? At 8th gear and higher that’s where the turbo start to build the boost. Maybe some of the data from the sensors that monitor turbo isn’t right and ecm doesn’t know what’s going on. Connect a PC and do a test drive for an hour to monitor the turbo.

QUALITYTRUCK Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.