d13 volvo fuel pressure issue?

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by Giovanni, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Stormrider702

Stormrider702 Bobtail Member

Dec 4, 2014
    I don’t think it’s the turbo or actuator, a low boost or bad turbo would still run, it would just run like crap with no power. My issue is complete stall out after 35mph, or starts stalling going uphill. Even a small incline. Also had hard starting issue which is why I changed the injectors and cups but still didn’t solve the problem. Ecu code showing pid94 fm15, which is a fuel pressure problem. Bad pump? Or check valve at the head?

Newto Trucking Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Newto Trucking

Newto Trucking Medium Load Member

Dec 26, 2013
    NE Illinois
    Is this code showed up recently?

4. Stormrider702

Stormrider702 Bobtail Member

Dec 4, 2014
    This code popped up when the problem started. Took it to dealer and they checked fuel pump and fuel lines and then determined that the fuel filter housing was bad. I replaced with new oem and although it ran a little bit better it still did the same thing. Also, I broke the bolt when trying to clean the 7th injector before I did def delete and had slight fuel leakage from where the 7th injector bolts down. Anyways, when I replaced the exhaust pipe and correctly bolted down the 7th injector, the truck ran much better but still lost power after 35mph. You think a bad 7th injector could be the cause? I saw exhaust leaking at the egr connector pipe, but I took the egr out and cleaned it with no results.

5. Newto Trucking

Dec 26, 2013
    NE Illinois
    1.There’s this inexpensive tester that might help you out. Launch CR-HD. It will show you fuel pressure LIVE. On a test drive you will see everything what’s going with a fuel pressure.
    2. Did you strip the thread in the exhaust pipe for the two little bolts that secure 7th injector?? If so then you just need steel thread inserts installed, saves you whole lot of money.
    3. If this truck is deleted then there should be no diesel coming out out of 7th injector. AHI module might have leaking fuel shut off valve and that’s where you loosing pressure under load. You can try to block off the fuel line between fuel filter housing and AHI module and test drive it like that monitoring fuel pressure.
    GET THE TESTER!!!

Attached Files:

QUALITYTRUCK and Socal Xpress Thank this.
  6. Issak

Issak Bobtail Member

Feb 15, 2020
    Hi there,
    I have Volvo 2008, D13 engine.
    It showing me this code MID 128 PID 94 FMI 3, " Fuel feed pressure"
    after work done.
    They Change all Injector O-rings.
    Is there any Idea about this issue.

7. Issak

Issak Bobtail Member

Feb 15, 2020
    Hi there,
    I have volvo d13engine after the machanic work on complete Harness change and all Injector o-ring, the truck showing me cod MID 128 PID 94 FMI 3
    " Fuel Feed pressure" that is what it says.
    The truck running good and not misfires.
    Any idea pls

8. Issak

Issak Bobtail Member

Feb 15, 2020

Attached Files:

9. Issak

Issak Bobtail Member

Feb 15, 2020
    This is the code

Attached Files:

10. biofumes

biofumes Light Load Member

Feb 13, 2009
    California
    On your number 3, blocking off the fuel line, is there a shut off valve? or how would one block that fuel line?
    Thanks

11. Newto Trucking

Dec 26, 2013
    NE Illinois
    There’s no shut off valve it’s a straight line between fuel filter housing and AHI module. One way to do it, remove the line on the fuel filter housing it’s gonna be hollow bolt that goes through banjo fitting if I’m not mistaken, take this bolt to hardware store and buy regular bolt with the same thread size and shorter so it doesn’t bottom out or you can shorten it yourself if need to be and use one of the old washers with a rubber on a inside to seal better. And this new shorter solid bolt with a washer thread it in into where this fuel line must go.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.