DAC has accident - MVR has equipment violation -> How can I change DAC?

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by istrum, Jul 21, 2018.

1. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    My issue is op keeps making comments about how someone or something else caused them.

Sirscrapntruckalot and ZVar Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. istrum

istrum Bobtail Member

Jan 24, 2018
    To the gentleman who asked "How does one get Equipment Failure" on one's MVR ....

There are actually 2 different state statues that would be under the umbrella of Equipment Failure.

The first refers to a general equipment failure, and no details are supplied in the resource I read from.

The second refers to a windshield obstruction such as a spider crack or other.

It comes up as a general citation as would any other citation having to do with the Department of Motor Vehicles.

is

4. truckersjustice

truckersjustice Light Load Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Burnsville, MN
    Exactly. HireRight is required to investigate, if asked by the driver, which means they contact the carrier. If the carrier fails to respond within 30 days then off the information goes (but it can be put back on later). So the original posting driver here should request HireRight to investigate and it is possible (though not probable) that the carrier will not respond.

Paul Taylor
    Attorney

NOTHING IN THIS POST SHALL BE CONSTRUED AS CREATING AN ATTORNEY CLIENT RELATIONSHIP. EACH LEGAL MATTER IS FACT SPECIFIC. THEREFORE, ANY ADVICE GIVEN HERE IS OF A GENERAL NATURE.

Sirscrapntruckalot Thanks this.
  5. Snakeschasingcars

Snakeschasingcars Heavy Load Member

Mar 22, 2018
    How much experience do you have. And stop trying to down playing everything. That nakes you look worse.

6. istrum

istrum Bobtail Member

Jan 24, 2018
    7 mos. -- no worries .... I'm not down playing everything, but would you trust your truck to a guy who lost his sea-legs after an incident ? Or would you want him get back on his horse and make some money?

I'm not being ####y, I'm being confident and articulated.

There were events that happened and I am the wiser for having prevailed and learned from the experiences.

is

7. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    What are the events?

8. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Get a copy of the police report and send it to DAC. That's the official version.

9. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    And the accident report will show, well, an accident. It will show a citation too. Where does that help the op?

10. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    That's exactly what will happen. Happened to me. You'll need to explain it every time. I almost didn't get hired at Landstar because they were counting one ticket as two.

You can't. Not unless the employer that put it there agrees to take it off. The original citation will also show on your PSP if an inpection was done.

Honestly, I think this is what is really hurting you the most. Any chance of convincing the previous employer to change that to something more neutral?

11. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    I thought he had it reduced but the company wouldn't comply....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.