DAC Issue

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by mdmgolfin, Feb 22, 2018.

1. mdmgolfin

mdmgolfin Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2018
    Gray Georgia
    My CDL was suspended last december for two accidents that happened before I obtained my CDL. I was told by Trans Am that I could come back when my suspension was lifted. Well last week I returned to the terminal and someone in recruiting told me that I cannot return. It shows up on my DAC report as unsatisfactory safety record. They never told me a reason why I couldn't comeback even safety didn't tell me anything bad. I was wondering if I could dispute this with them because of this I'm having a hard time getting back into the industry. If all else fails I'll just wait until one of the accidents falls off my record. Any advice or help is appreciated.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Suspensions and Revocations for CDL is among the harshest punishment a State may impose upon a license holder. That's you.

I have avoided suspension by court order and one point when I made a mess of things one year. That was where I went into dump truck work blacktopping where no one CARED about insurance, DAC or any of that frou frou. No one has time for that. We take care of really bad drivers our'un way.

Companies will RUN away like Horses scared of the bad snake in the water bucket. The moment that word suspended or revoked comes up. It takes a awful lot for that to become fact and when it does, that's pretty much THAT for the time being.

It is not the end of the world. You have to work through the time lost until you get it reinstated.

CrappieJunkie and mdmgolfin Thank this.
  4. mdmgolfin

Feb 19, 2018
    Gray Georgia
    It was only suspended for 60 days just reinstated last week. So I’m not sure if I should just wait longer and let the waters calm

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  5. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree

1) those accidents are on your lifetime DMV, from the first day you got your first driver's license. even though yes, those accidents happened BEFORE you got your CDL, that information carries over, you do not get a clean slate to work with, when you get a CDL.

2) from my personal experience, not too much information is given over the phone, and that sticks to high hell. as long as we ID ourselves to thier satisfaction, they should tell us what we need to know, saving us a trip to thier HQ, or where ever.

3) you can try anything you wish, but they are basing thier decision on your accidents from your previous license. point i need to ask/make here....BELOW

on the application, did you TRUTHFULLY answer the questions asking.....

ANY ACCIDENTS with-in the past 3-5 years?

if you failed to mention those accidents, thinking that the new CDL gave you a clean slate, then you LIED on your application as well

i'd just recommend that you either try another company, and BE UPFRONT about the license suspension, OR...wait till such a time, those fall off your immediate DMV record. but remember this..that SUSPENSION will always be there. they will ask in any application..."ANY SUSPENSIONS/REVOKING OF YOUR LICENCE?

you need to answer THAT truthfully as well. IT WILL NOT just be a matter of those accidents falling off......

however, in so doing,(waiting for those to fall off) YOU WILL HAVE TO go back to driving school, as too much time had passed for you to be employable.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  6. Derailed

Derailed Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Upstate NY
    DAC even still around?

7. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    It's called Hireright now but yes they are still around.

Trans Am must have put that on Dac. You can put a letter on dac explaning that the suspension was for something before you had your cdl and maybe help mitigate this. Good luck.

mdmgolfin Thanks this.
  8. mdmgolfin

Feb 19, 2018
    Gray Georgia
    On my dac it says I’m elegible as a rehire for a company driver but not lease. Was that a mistake on their part or is that true?

9. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Why are accidents put on your record when you are not at fault? This really sucks. I was not even issued a ticket. Is there any way to appeal this?

10. truckersjustice

truckersjustice Light Load Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Burnsville, MN
    Eligible for rehire is better than not eligible. They do not have to hire you as there is no right to be hired by someone. It is called "at will employment."

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.