DAC report

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Kirbs, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Just passing by

Just passing by Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Mississippi
    At least, get Hazmat endorsement. It will help.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    So damaging other peoples property isn't doing anything wrong? Sorry, anytime you hit something it's a big deal.

Change your attitude, realize even something "minor" isn't. Also realize that 2" scratch likely cost the company upwards of five grand. Replacing hoods isn't cheap.... You either need to realize that you messed up, or get out of the industry.

Another point, DAC is only a report. When companies that don't use DAC call to verify employment like they are legally required to do, they will be told about your wrecks then, so you might as well list them on the app when asked. And yes they are wrecks.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
  4. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    I wasn't going to say anything but I can't help myself. "Haven't done anything wrong"? You had those "incidents", I wouldn't call them accidents, but just the same those were all avoidable. That's what companies and their insurance companies are going to see. And while many prospective employers may let those go, most won't.
    You best bet is to stay away from large companies as many smaller outfits don't use dac. But they will be checking with your past employers. Good hunting.

lovesthedrive Thanks this.
  5. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    I’m going to Echo Posts 12 and 13. You can’t out run your history, not in this world today! Just the way it goes! And blaming DAC is not going to help you either.

6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Check Dot Transportation in Villa Rica. This company has local/regional/OTR to choose from.
    Villa Rica
    580 W. Industrial Ct.
    Villa Rica, GA 30180
    `
    Transportation Company Jobs | Drive For Dot | Dot ...
    https://drivefordot.com
    Sep 28, 2020 · At Dot Transportation, Inc., you'll discover an exciting truck driving career at a stable company that truly values you. Learn more today!

`

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.