Dallas TX: Permanent changes downtown to I-30, I-35E

Discussion in 'Truckers' Weather & Road Conditions' started by M818, Feb 18, 2017.

1. M818

M818 Light Load Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Dallas, Texas
    The project is being almost completed and this is how it's going to be from now on, for those who enjoy the world-famous Dallas drivers' generous courtesy and perfect roads. The text is below for those who don't want to hit the web.

Full article:
    Permanent traffic shifts being made to downtown I-30, I-35E this weekend
    http://www.dallasnews.com/news/tran...ermanent-changes-made-downtown-30-35e-weekend
    It has some map-photos and a video to show what's being finalized.

The changes, part of the Dallas Horseshoe Project, will primarily affect connections from westbound I-30 to Interstate 35E.

Starting at 10 p.m. Friday, crews will shut down the westbound Interstate 30 exits to both northbound and southbound I-35E, and they will remain closed through the night.

Traffic will be detoured onto Woodall Rodgers Freeway during these closures.

After the alignment, drivers traveling from westbound I-30 to southbound I-35E will take Exit 46A and stay in the left two lanes along the frontage road. Traffic headed north on I-35E will stay in the center lanes.

The ramp that used to connect westbound Interstate 30 to southbound I-35E will now serve as the off-ramp from I-30 to Colorado Boulevard. Drivers exiting I-30 for Colorado Boulevard will now take Exit 46A and stay in the right two lanes along the frontage road.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    And about the time everybody learns the new layout [in a few years] then they'll want to do another bout of construction and changes to make it more "Mexican immigrant friendly" (narrower, more pot holes, less lighting, stop signs added, etc)

Spartan0229 and lilillill Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.