Danny Herman Trucking ( input)

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by cincydrivermatt, Nov 11, 2017.

1. McCauley

McCauley Medium Load Member

Jun 23, 2013
    It's going to jump again?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dominic23

dominic23 Bobtail Member

Jan 5, 2018
    Well that pay scale I posted the photo of is the new pay. Just doesn’t take effect until April 30th

McCauley Thanks this.
  4. McCauley

McCauley Medium Load Member

Jun 23, 2013
    Oh gotcha. Yeah between that and the per diem and the new tractors they're ordering, it's really a no brainier for me to go back. The only things I didn't like when I was there was a somewhat low CPM, which they just bumped, and I had some communication issues with my DM Jason, nothing huge though.

5. dominic23

dominic23 Bobtail Member

Jan 5, 2018
    Those were the exact reasons why I almost left. Low pay and Frank wasn’t really working out. Since then I decided to wait it out until after the pay was announced. Which is now better and also frank has gotten way better and friendlier to talk speak with. But if your dm was an issue that still worries you. I suggest when u speak to the recruiter (Angie or Leila), voice you and your ladies worries to insure the possibility of another driver manager. They take care of their drivers and do what they need to see them happy and safe.

6. I am the Batman

I am the Batman Bobtail Member

Apr 30, 2018
    Chitown
    My brother works here he seems to love it and keeps trying to get me to work here my biggest thing though is home time I got four little ones and he has none and chooses to say out for long periods of time and is no help on the subject so I guess my question is how long do you have to stay out to make these bonuses and what kinda home time can you get I live outside of Chicago so I know it’s a good freight lane to get home

7. Flacrkr

Flacrkr Light Load Member

Jan 6, 2017
    I was told they want you out at least two weeks. My experience has been 3-4 weeks to achieve the bonus. But when I go home it's usually 4 to 5 days. That's been my experience. Bottom line DHT is a long haul carrier.

I am the Batman Thanks this.
  8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    With 4 little ones, why not go with a company that has good paychecks and a guaranteed minimum weekly pay. The guaranteed minimum means you can make more than the minimum, but not less.
    West Side Transport
    K&B Transportation

CorsairFanboy and Flacrkr Thank this.
  9. dominic23

dominic23 Bobtail Member

Jan 5, 2018
    How’s it going driver? My home time is somewhat all over the place because I usually stay out until my wife needs me home or we having some type of family event. But usually 3-4 weeks out with 4-5 days off and I still hit my marks for my bonuses.there has also been times where I have stayed out for just the two weeks and came back for 3 days off and still received my bonuses. Communication is key here. If you do come on board, speak with your driver manager and make sure he/she knows you and voice what you need from them. They like those that go the extra mile for them. Chicago is a good place for freight, most definitely, but we have no terminal near there. They require we leave our trucks at the terminals. The closes one to there is Phillipsburg, mo. Now I have heard of some drivers that live far from terminals able to take their trucks home but not many. Hope that info helps, any other questions then let me know.

I am the Batman and Flacrkr Thank this.
  10. I am the Batman

I am the Batman Bobtail Member

Apr 30, 2018
    Chitown
    Thanks good to know I’ve been driving for ten years now so I know all about long haul companies and just didn’t know if they were one of those o ya we’ll Get you home by the 1st but really it’s the 10th type companies and my brother is one of the ones who takes his truck home on home time so that wouldn’t be a problem I sure

11. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Tanker companies are good for hometime. Most of the time you deadhead back to the terminal after unloading and it pays the same both ways.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.