Danny Herman Vs. Crete. Suggestions? Honest feedback needed.

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by WilliamReynolds1997, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Fortunately for me, frequent home time is not a concern. I stay out for 10-11 weeks an take 12-14 days off. Good luck in your search.

mlavelle3 and Carolina Dreamer Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Carolina Dreamer

Carolina Dreamer Light Load Member

Jul 30, 2020
    Summerville, SC
    Yeah, my girlfriend would leave if I stay out 10-week clips. Haha

mlavelle3 Thanks this.
  4. Dockbumper

Apr 29, 2020
    Well.......at least you know the formula when it come time to get rid of her!:rolleyes:o_O:D

McUzi, mlavelle3 and Carolina Dreamer Thank this.
  5. I delivered Carlisle Pa one time ... That is Northeast for DHT. I would do 6 weeks ... 8 weeks was the longest.. But , If you lived in the lanes and there is only like 4 lanes you could go through the house every week or every other week.

Chinatown and Carolina Dreamer Thank this.
  6. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    Does DHT have driver facing cameras?

mlavelle3 Thanks this.
  7. No Never .. just outward facing ...And I ran my on Camera with an Endurance SD card. @Dockbumper is a current driver... Not sure if they have Bendix wingman adaptive cruise now ... they didn't a year ago.

smokey12 Thanks this.
  8. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    Thanks..I saw where they have a rider and pet policy I think..I wonder if there is a waiting period before your spouse can ride along. Yea I got sort of used to the buzzing at my last company, still sucks though

9. WilliamReynolds1997

WilliamReynolds1997 Bobtail Member

Feb 1, 2021
    Thought I’d update this thread since it’s been a little while...

I started looking into Danny Herman and H&M, and have made the decision to go with Danny Herman. I just love long trips, so that long length of haul was just too enticing to pass up. And judging by the research that I’ve done, long hauls are pretty much the norm.

Orientation date is set for this coming Thursday at either the Mountain City terminal or the terminal in MO. Can’t remember the name of the city in MO. Was told they want to keep me as close to home for the orientation as possible so I won’t have a long drive in the rental car I’ll be getting, but whatever they decide is really no problem for me.

Drug screening today won’t be a problem.

Once again, thanks for the feedback every body. I’ll keep this thread updated as my experience with DHT goes on.

Stonehjl, xlsdraw, Rocks and 5 others Thank this.
  10. Dockbumper

Apr 29, 2020
    As a DHT driver, I think you have made a good decision. I have been with them for a year and would recommend them highly. Keep us updated on your journey!

xlsdraw Thanks this.
  11. WilliamReynolds1997

WilliamReynolds1997 Bobtail Member

Feb 1, 2021
    Most certainly will! I guess I’ll go ahead and start by saying that I wasn’t able to get the drug screening done today. Drove all the way down there only to find out that they closed an hour early today. Oh well, not DHT’s fault. I’ve got a large domino’s pizza and I’m just gonna try again Monday!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.