Danny Herman Vs. Crete. Suggestions? Honest feedback needed.

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by WilliamReynolds1997, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    These are my current numbers:

Screenshot_20210214-060757~2.png

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 16474 ... Man you don't let a minute get past you..
    I did 126000 hub miles in the 10 months i was there ...and that was going home every 6 weeks.

xlsdraw Thanks this.
  4. Dockbumper

Apr 29, 2020
    No......I do not! My sole purpose out here is to turn as many safe and legal miles as possible, which results in some very nice paychecks. Excellent trip planning and clock management skills make those kinds of miles possible. I did not learn them overnight, in CDL School or from my trainer almost 5 years ago. Lots of trial and error over the last several years. Many folks think you need to run your clock to the edge every day. I used to think so too. Not necessarily true. Learning to drive at optimal times, hit your deliveries with as close to a full clock as possible, giving yourself plenty of time to pick up your next load and head down the road. Call me strange.....but.......I love the long haul big mile lifestyle. It may not be for everybody, but it works for me!:D

xlsdraw and Need4Speed Thank this.
  5. Yea .. I do the same thing ... I came out of Laredo when I first started with DHT just in time to hit Houston at 7am on a Monday morning... I was kicking myself all week.... Now I time my big cities.

xlsdraw Thanks this.
  6. Dockbumper

Apr 29, 2020
    :D

7. Carolina Dreamer

Carolina Dreamer Light Load Member

Jul 30, 2020
    Summerville, SC
    That's good mileage! Is this attainable with any driver dispatcher or have you found the golden goose? A driver can be the Bandit on 18 wheels, but, if dispatch gives 2-3 runs short runs a month through NJ-NY-CT clock time to drive is eroded away in traffic.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
    xlsdraw Thanks this.
  8. Dockbumper

Apr 29, 2020
    I'm nobody special, nor have I found a golden goose. We do not run any Northeast. About the shortest load I've run is 600 miles. Lots of long haul miles. I have posted quite a bit lately in a couple of threads. Just use the search function and you will find them.

Carolina Dreamer Thanks this.
  9. Jorihe84

Jorihe84 Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2010
    North Florida
    DHT have any creature comforts like Fridges, inverters, etc?

10. Dockbumper

Apr 29, 2020
    APU's and Inverters.

Stonehjl Thanks this.
  11. Carolina Dreamer

Carolina Dreamer Light Load Member

Jul 30, 2020
    Summerville, SC
    Spoke with DHT today about open positions. They are open to hiring in any area but if you live along the east coast expect to stay out 4-weeks minimum before seeing your family. Live in or near Tennessee DHT can do 14 day rotations.

It's back to the drawing board for me locating a decent carrier.

Thanks @Dockbumper for all the information.

racemaxx24 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.