Danny Herman

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Michelle33, Apr 7, 2024.

1. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Yes, but do those sayings keep them out of the ditch? Where's your messiah now, eh?:dontknow:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    What does one have to do with the other?

bryan21384 Thanks this.
  4. Ex-Trucker Alex

Ex-Trucker Alex Heavy Load Member

Jan 7, 2023
    Do they pray daily for freight? Will Juh-HEE-zus himself be your co-driver? Can saying a novena get you out of a scale ticket? These and many more questions must be answered.....

Jamie01 and 201 Thank this.
  5. Michelle33

Michelle33 Bobtail Member

Feb 19, 2024
    West Texas
    Today's the day I leave for training! We will be out for 2 weeks, home for 1-then back out for 4-5 weeks!! Im so excited lol. The first 100 hours I'll be trained as a solo driver- the Last 200 hours, I'll be trained as a team driver.

I tried to pack light- but my trainer sent me a pretty long list of what to bring.. hopefully it works out well. It feels like I'm leaving for summer camp- :p I never realized how girlie I am until I had to pack... :oops::rolleyes: Anyways, I will eventually be back here for updates or questions/advice.
    Thank you to everyone who has been following/helping me along my journey. I'm excited to see how everything unfolds.

P.S. I love that Danny Herman is a company who holds Christian values- I for one am grateful that they pray over their trucks/drivers every day. It brings me much peace in a world full of chaos. :D;) God bless

6. Pepper24

Pepper24 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2010
    Yes because you’ve proven that your way is so much more successful right?You have built a much more successful business than Danny Herman has right.what is the name of your company I’m sure everyone here will recognize it .

TB John Thanks this.
  7. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    A trucking company can have whatever faith sayings they want to on their trailers, it don't really matter to me as I don't subscribe to a faith. All that matters is how a company treats their drivers and customers. I've never heard too much negative concerning Danny Herman. It ain't like they shove it down people's throats, at least to my knowledge. Anyway, all that isn't important. @Michelle33 good luck on your journey! I love the enthusiasm you have so far. Just remember, while with your trainer, there's no such thing as a dumb question. You're gonna be great!!

Michelle33 and 201 Thank this.
  8. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Good luck, don't over think it, kiss of death. I'm with Bryan, religion and trucking never did do much for me either. In trucking, YOU make it happen, not some divine intervention, that I knew of, anyway. Not to say, some things happened that I couldn't explain, but for the most part, I was in control. Through GOD, maybe, we'll see about that later. Summer camp? More like a paid vacation, but just don't treat it that way. Hopefully it's done snowing for a spell, just watch up ahead, things can happen in a second, right when you look away, is the best advice I can give.

Michelle33 Thanks this.
  9. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    When you come back home from training -- you might well consider shopping for a truck-based gps navigation system.

My Garmin dezl-cam gps truck navigator made navigating up in the northeast much easier. It also helped me save locations of worthy truck stops, & then navigated me back to them, later; it also routed me around traffic jams -- some loads would have been late without it.

The main reason I originally bought it -- was if/when the Schneider-supplied nav system went down (which occasionally happened) -- I had an immediate back-up to keep me going, & prevent nav mistakes (without having to find a safe place to stop -- & then figure things out).

-- L

Michelle33 and 201 Thank this.
  10. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Navigation system,,,again, amazing the world turned without it. Now, before you jump all over me, I realize, today is geared for those contraptions, and you are clearly at a loss without them. Again with "digital dependence", on a trip with my daughter, her navigation subscription ran out, without her knowing it, you should have seen the panic. I said, don't worry, let's find a map, and the trip was saved somehow,,,,,

Michelle33 Thanks this.
  11. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    I used the truck routes shown in my Rand McNally trucker's road Atlas to custom-program the routes (as circumstances dictated) in the Garmin gps navigator.

Thus -- no more looking at/fumbling for maps or notes -- while driving....:D ;)

-- L

201 and Michelle33 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.