1. Commuter69

Commuter69 Road Train Member

Jul 2, 2014
    I have a Garmin dashcam and I'm frustrated with it because it senses a pothole or rough road as a crash incident if I run over them above almost any speed. It's especially annoying when on a road that feels like what the lunar surface looks like....

That said, I'm interested in replacing it and looking for some recommendations from actual users, not relying on marketing.

I'd like a system that has a forward facing center cam, a left side mirror mounted rear facing cam, and a right side mirror mounted rear facing cam. The mirror mounted units should be able to be mounted on any type of mirror in such a way as to be easily removed and reinstalled on a different truck, and should be powered by a solar battery (run on solar power during daylight and battery in low light situations).

The whole system should record on a 5 minute loop in real time and save online when a real collision happens with easy access through an Apple or Android device to footage stored online with a shareable link to law enforcement, company safety teams, or insurance companies.

Links are appreciated in advance.

Kyle G. Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. The one california kid

The one california kid Medium Load Member

Oct 31, 2023
    Now you MUST be talking about the L.I.E.! My first time on that sucker and I made a note: put football helmet in truck.

4. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Adjust the sensitivity on it..I have one and i adjusted it..you must have it on high sensitivity

5. Commuter69

Commuter69 Road Train Member

Jul 2, 2014
    Nope, no difference at HIGH sensitivity or LOW sensitivity.... that was my first thought..

6. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Mine doesn’t do that.. you might have Defective unit.. I’ve had mine for more than year and I’ve got mine set to medium sensitivity and doesn’t do anything on potholesz

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.