DD13 fuel filter change/hard to start

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by Macneil, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Ragtop88

Ragtop88 Bobtail Member

Mar 10, 2021
    While cranking engine, I have 0 pressure in fuel lines. Does this mean fuel pump failure?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SLGT

SLGT Bobtail Member

Apr 11, 2021
    Hi, i have DD15, i stop it and change the 3 fuel filters. after that, first i noticed, it was that the priming pump wasnt priming, or primed for a little and gas going on and off; i noticed that it was taking air as well, so i ordered a new manual pump......with the new pump instaled.... again i wasn't able to start it, i did the manual prime and nothing, finally, ended up checking the galery by pass valve, and had a debird on it; clean it and put it back and is fine, but i still been able to prime the system: what i noticed is that the pump starts building up pressure, but if i release the new pump, i can hear air going trough the pump, so never gets real hard...... i have have pumped it like 3000 times...... any good advise ? tomorrow i will buy the Praker PD242 and a bug sprayer and try that..... Thanks.

4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. Oleg D

Oleg D Bobtail Member

Jun 29, 2021
    Canada
    Thread is old but I'd like to share my way to prime on my DD15. I change the filter ,fill up housing, it'll go down a bit I keep filling, then put my lid back,but not all the way just untill o-ring gets to the edge of housing,then I pump with hand pump untill fuel stars leaking through the lid ,it's not tight yet right,at that point I quickly tight up the lid, pump little more till it's getting hard, crank after. Never cranking more then 5 sec, she starts running after first try usually. Works for me,and lots of guys around.

• Truckers Report Jobs