DDEC V 14L series 60 Oil loss HELP

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by Elver-Gon703, Sep 25, 2023.

1. Elver-Gon703

Elver-Gon703 Bobtail Member

Sep 25, 2023
    Aight so i rebuilt this engine just over 75k miles ago. Truck been running solid since it's first trip otr, mpg between 4.5 - 5.8 loaded performance isn't a problem here. My issue here is that this truck has been loosing oil since the start (about 1gal/800 miles) , im aware of the break in process and that oil consumption is normal on a fresh rebuilt engine, but at over 75k miles the consumption is the same and im starting to get a lil concerned here. I have replaced the head (reman) and replaced 2 air compressors. I'm told to replace the turbo but it doesn't make sense to replace it since both cold and hot sides are dry. I even plumbed a manometer to the crankcase via oil dip stick to measure pressure and it reads 2in H²O at cruise and 3in H²O going up hills at 1800rpm (LOADED). Any input and suggestions is greatly appreciated. Thank you

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Transportauto

Transportauto Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2022
    Oil consumption isn't in the head, it isn't the air compressor unless you see oil in the air tanks, and not the turbo if it's dry, Seems only thing left is oil not being fully wiped of the cylinder walls, its burning it, look at the exhaust for white debris.

Elver-Gon703 Thanks this.
  4. Elver-Gon703

Elver-Gon703 Bobtail Member

Sep 25, 2023
    I will remove exhaust manifold and inspect it

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.