Death in family

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by Lite bug, Jul 8, 2019.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    PC was changed to require closest safe parking for food, rest etc. And really severe limitations on range of travel. From my understanding this year as of 31 May 19'

Unfortunately no one in DC has ever dreamed that there will be other things that will cause a trucker to point that truck home and he or she will be there. Wild horses from hell will not alter the situation, laws PC be ######. If they want to fly tickets and so on, fine. We will argue that in the courthouse after the burial. But not before. Just another cost.

Trucker61016 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    yea, dad died in the care of a hospice home. as a result, they pronouced him dead, and thus, no coroner.

can't recall if there is/was a mandatory "wait time" for the cremation to start, only that we were told, we only had 2 days for the funeral, then he had to go and get cremated.

of course, each state is different.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  4. CousinVinny

CousinVinny Medium Load Member

Jan 26, 2015
    New Jersey
    As per FMCSA there is no limit. My understanding is that some states and jurisdictions break balls if it's farther than they want to see but no legal basis for that. I know of leased OO's who PC back to their homes as far as Kentucky and Florida from here in NJ.

nikmirbre, buddyd157 and frito bandito Thank this.
  5. CousinVinny

CousinVinny Medium Load Member

Jan 26, 2015
    New Jersey
    That is specifically related to FMCSA guidance for using PC while under a load - which everyone previously had thought was an absolute no-no.

frito bandito and x1Heavy Thank this.
  6. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    It's 24 hours here. Gives time for law Enforcment to draw samples if necessary depending on death situation.

Our deaths we hope will be right here in our beds best case scenario without a audience of strangers. If it's in one of two hopsitals we go to, it is simply sent to basement morque then transferred to funeral home. And discharged in files.

Our hospital is only a level three. Enough to stop your pain, induce coma or some other pallative when necessary, even a little bit of ICU and life support. But anything more than that? Forget it. It's time.

7. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    then depending on his miles from home, he still has to stop, even on PC..???

if so, again, he should have flown home, especially if it was a grand parent, parent, spouse, child...but cousins and aunts/uncles, can take a back seat to my rush, to get back home.

Lite bug and x1Heavy Thank this.
  8. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    THAT was the law I remember from my life out there. Loaded? Forget it. Especially NOT towards the Customer.

Otherwise I ran like 6 to 8 states outside of PA some weekends on holiday bobtail. No one cared in those days.

Lite bug Thanks this.
  9. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Well. Ive made my position clear, for me if the State or States wish to prosecute with a complaint citation ticket, they are more than welcome to.

Only for a few people in particular in my life. The rest of them... ha.. I love them too but they have their own lives I am not part of. So... sorry they are gone. Gotta go get another load. Life goes on.

Lite bug Thanks this.
  10. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    yeah here, when under a doctor's care, there is no need for all that BS.....the doctor simply reports the death, case closed.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  11. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    yeah, i HATE most of...uh..all of my relatives...the SOB's.......

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.