Debating moving to a new company

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by nredfor88, Sep 24, 2020.

1. nredfor88

nredfor88 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2019
    USA
    Yeah, I saw that on their website. And based on their terminal locations I imagine their have a lot of lanes where I like to run. A search of their recruting site indicates they have regional available in my area with guaranteed 1150 weekly, if I end up deciding to stay closer to home. I don’t know the details, but it’s worth taking a closer look. It seems Marten has good accessory pay too.

LtlAnonymous Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Give a phone call; probably can take the truck home.

4. cman87

cman87 Light Load Member

Jun 29, 2016
    Maybe DOT Foods if you're in their hiring area

LtlAnonymous, Chinatown and nredfor88 Thank this.
  5. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    I have heard good things about both Holland Enterprises and Great Plains Transport.

LtlAnonymous and nredfor88 Thank this.
  6. nredfor88

Sep 26, 2019
    USA
    I am. I was under the impression that they needed a couple of years experience, so I didn’t even consider them. But I just checked and it is only 6 months. I’ve heard they are an excellent company with great pay. They are definitely on my list. I’ll probably reach out to them.

7. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Dot Foods hires new cdl school grads. Also has a dock-to-driver program for people that don't have a cdl, but want one.

LtlAnonymous and nredfor88 Thank this.
  8. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Be careful what you wish for. 55K is not horrible money in the OTR sector of trucking. Not great money, but, just the way it is. Line Haul can get you in the 70-80 range. But..... it'll take a while to get there. You'll work the extra board until you have enough seniority to bid a route. Local food service pays really well, but you will work your tail off, and, depending on your commute to and from work, you'll have lots of 14-16 hour days. Barely enough time to get home, eat, sleep for 6 hours, then back to work. Good luck

9. CargoWahgo

CargoWahgo Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Just be aware alot of companies outside of trucking aren't giving raises at all preparing for the coming market correction.

4 or 5k jump will be pretty good for "business as usual" I'd just chill there until 2022 then move after the correction.

LtlAnonymous and JoeTruck Thank this.
  10. nredfor88

Sep 26, 2019
    USA
    Yeah, I think I would enjoy flatbed. I like to work. When I got my CDL, that’s what I wanted to do. But I’ve got a back that bothers me sometimes pretty bad. I know I’d injure it for sure, so that’s out.

dsl1203 and LtlAnonymous Thank this.
  11. nredfor88

Sep 26, 2019
    USA
    You make a good point. I’m going to try getting a decent raise first. Like I said, I like the job and hate changing. One thing that bothers me is no breakdown pay. Like right now sitting on a bad trip with a bad trailer that I just picked up. That makes the trip even worse. It really bothers me.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.