Decatur georgia terminal

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Drpparker95, May 17, 2018.

1. Tolmie

Tolmie Medium Load Member

Dec 22, 2017
    You can always be on that Walmart account as a surge. Easier to get in.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Exit310

Exit310 Medium Load Member

Jul 13, 2011
    cullman,alabama
    I`m not familiar about the meaning as a surge.

4. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Stop worrying. If you want to get on a Walmart account you will. They have to shanghai drivers to get them to work Walmarts. "We're doing a surge" is just something they tell drivers to get them to come work a Wally World DC for a couple of weeks. Some Walmart DC's will randomly steal OTR drivers who wind up in their area. You'll wake up one morning and you're no longer on your DM's board, but on some Walmart planner's board. The DC in Harrisonville Missouri was real bad about that when I was with Swift.

I did short stints at a lot of Walmart DC's. IMO the best was the one at Opeleika Alabama. The routes were long and most of the stores were easy to get into and out of. I was always up against my 14 hour clock though. The absolute worst DC was Cleburn Texas. You have to make a left across a railroad track through an uncontrolled intersection onto a busy highway every time you pull out of the DC. Then you have to go through ten miles of stop lights to get to the nearest interstate. Somebody really had a bug up their butt when they chose that location. The next worst was Johnstown New York. Every route has tiny streets and steep hills.

5. Exit310

Jul 13, 2011
    cullman,alabama
    I asked about the DC in Opelika,Al., but nothing is available at this time only the DC in Brundidge,Al is needing drivers. Also seen where MARTEN is hiring for the WM DC in Shelbyville, TN.

Thanks for the help & advice, i appreciate all the info i can get!!!

6. Antinomian

Feb 17, 2013
    First of all who did you ask? Your DM will not want to lose a driver to Walmart and may not be honest with you. You have to call the DC directly. If they want you they'll click a few keys and you're theirs.

Second, some of the Walmarts DC's can be a bit leery of rookies. If you run over a Walmart customer in a Walmart parking lot Swift will probably lose the account. Give it six months.

7. Exit310

Jul 13, 2011
    cullman,alabama
    First, I talked to a SWIFT recruiter & asked her about the WM account in Opelika,Al & she said their are no openings at this time ,but had openings at the Brundidge DC.

Second, i have 5 years otr.

8. Antinomian

Feb 17, 2013
    Call the DC directly. Ask for the Swift planner. If he says the same, call them back in two weeks. Etc.

Exit310 Thanks this.
  9. Drpparker95

Drpparker95 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    Brundidge is needing drivers bad, most of us are fairly new drivers and accidents/late deliveries are tracking up

Exit310 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.