decker truck lines ft dodge iowa

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by cslcannon, Dec 18, 2014.

1. TNMT

TNMT Light Load Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Front of keyboard
    Yea always make sure you get your home time before you quit to clean out the truck. Second best idea is to always go with a company that is close to home if you can. Makes home time easier and if need be its close enough to have family or friends pick you up if you decide to leave the company. I live in Texas it would be completely stupid to work for some one of 1000 miles away from the house.

Triumph Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    I do not think you need to tell them ahead, you did it correct by returning the truck to there yard. I do not think this is the whole story, there has to be a reason they are ding you for 500 bucks.

I always clean out the truck, have a emergency that I have to go home for, personal family emergency, after I receive my money then I call and simply tell them due to circumstance I will not be returning.

It used to be that a notice was proper, but no more, IMHO.

They do nolonger stand behind employees. It is now a climate of comapny first screw the driver, so it is fair to give companies the same consideration as they give you. You owe them the return of there equipment undamaged, if possible empty.

4. double yellow

double yellow Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    State of Jefferson

First, I think OP is a tool for not telling you he quit, but how do you figure it is abandonment if the truck was at the terminal and he was on medical leave? And do you commute 80 miles each day?

5. John Douglas

John Douglas Bobtail Member

Oct 15, 2012
    It is great the truck got returned to the yard, but if the driver was under a load that he was supposed to deliver and quit without telling anyone, the company in all likelihood had no way to know that until they found the that the truck was still sitting in the yard. I think there is an assumption, right or wrong, that the driver picking up the load would deliver it unless he told them we was not going to do that. Could really cause a receiver some hardship that they had no control over.

6. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    I'm an office dude (not for Decker) and I used to commute 103 miles a day, and I'd take that over staying in a hotel every day of the week.

7. Ubu

Ubu Road Train Member

Aug 25, 2012
    Rumored to be somewhere
    The items that can be put on a DAC report are listed at http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tr...vers/267004-hire-right-dac-codes-11-18-a.html. There is actually no "abandonment" option listed.

They probably listed it as ether “953 un-auth location w/o notice” as he did not ask where he could leave the truck at or “952 co terminal w/o notice” or "956 auth location w/o notice". I guess "931 quit under dispatch/did not possess a load" could have been used as well if he had already been assigned another load.

8. derwood

derwood Light Load Member

Sep 14, 2012
    double yellow we do have many people that drive that far every day to work here. he also would have been repaid 45 cpm for the miles back and forth while he was in orientation. also he was not on medical leave, he said he had some medical things to take care of and when he would be ready to go, and then we get a call from a company and they tell us that and we then go out and check the truck and everything is cleaned out and not a note not a call, not even telling the securuity guys when he left the yard he was done. Sorry but that is not how you leave a company.

Ditch Doctor, w.h.o and Dinomite Thank this.
  9. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    A lesson learned here young boys n girls.......

I don't care how eager and anxious you are to work for 1 of these mega-warm body carriers,Your Bills can wait, NEVER EVER EVER sign something to allow others the right to Hold or dissolve your Earnings.... I don't care if your living on trashcan scraps and are homeless..DO NOT ever sign anything allowing others the ability to trap your earnings...For any reason

secondly, While I don't advocate what the OP did..(I agree its kinda childish to leave without a verbal/written notice) , Should you really think 'hurting' that driver by posting something publibcly(dac) or whatever that is..Is a way to handle that? its like you are saying.."HA,Im gonna get you back for quitting us without telling us"..Sounds foolish to me
    darwood.....I come from a bigger city,democratric politics at their finest, unionized blue collar city and workers..If you tried that noise over here.....it would come back at you in a legalized fashion on behalf of the OP.

At any rate, To all of you inexperienced drivers that don't understand things yet.......DONT SIGN ANYTHING EVER that allows other parties the right to handle your earnings in such a manner

10. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Keep in mind that refusing to sign will often result in not getting a job.

pusherman Thanks this.
  11. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    Absolutely it can...And is that a bad thing?

Meltom, There are plenty of 'good' carriers out there that do not operate in the way this decker truck line happens to do

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.