decker truck lines ft dodge iowa

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by cslcannon, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    If you're "homeless" and living on "trashcan scraps" you're better off getting the job then you are not signing a document that will not likely come back on you. Do the research, and hope that you've made the correct choice. If you haven't and the company you signed on to isn't the right one for you, follow the proper procedures and part ways. Dropping the truck while under any pretense and going to another companies orientation is sure to come back on you. Either you'll get the job and have a mark on your DAC, or you'll be denied employment by the new company and have to go back to the old, or you'll lose both jobs.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    I agree to a point.....Don't set yourself up in the first place! Your FEEDING the fire of these unprofessional carriers..Yes I Agree, Don't abandon anything EVER..do the Right things, But DONT set yourself up for a possible disaster..And believe me, These carriers WILL find any niche they can to take advantage of the weak. you cant DENY that

These carriers aren't stupid, They Know these guys aren't the cream of the crop and they take complete advantage of them, ITS NOT RIGHT NOR ETHICAL...

That is why I stand firm on never signing anything that can harm your earnings...

Its almost like you Support that kind of behavior Meltom, Please tell me im wrong

4. Night Prowler

Night Prowler Medium Load Member

Aug 9, 2013
    Temple, Texas
    I agree with giving notice. I just gave a 4 week notice. But thats just me.

5. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    I don't agree with it as retaliation, but if the actions stated are accurate than I think it's a valuable service for potential future employers. There were several times when new employees would come in, fail the road test and when I'd tell them they weren't getting hired they'd just say thanks and at least I still have my other job, I just need to get back to the truck at whatever random truck stop they dumped it at. There are a lot of bad companies and bad drivers out there.

jeff18 Thanks this.
  6. jeff18

jeff18 Medium Load Member

Dec 8, 2014
    pittsburgh, pa
    you people giving him problems cause he quit makes me laugh. if he truly took the truck back to them and left that is not abandonment of equipment. Question to all of you. Can they fire you with out notice? Is this america? These over the road companies are getting to be hilariously funny with there ridiculous requirements. how much notice should one give when going broke? I think drivers should start reverse dacs. that would shut a lot of them up.

7. pusherman

pusherman Medium Load Member

Jun 23, 2013
    Get ur last paycheck then quit if u have no plans to give a notice. Jmo

8. pusherman

pusherman Medium Load Member

Jun 23, 2013
    I think drivers should start reverse dacs. that would shut a lot of them up.[/QUOTE]

No it wouldn't, these companies have lawyers on retainer for stupid stuff to screw u on. If 1 has the money to battle the carrier that's great but most dont

9. jeff18

Dec 8, 2014
    pittsburgh, pa
    how do you call parking a truck abandonment when it is parked on company property? where was it parked? the moon? abandonment of job... i agree. just saying abandonment of equipment no. why not put quit without notice? saying abandonment of truck is ridiculous. if it is on company property it has not been abandoned. period.

loose_leafs Thanks this.
  10. jeff18

Dec 8, 2014
    pittsburgh, pa
    those lawyers could pound salt you know where. can not get blood from a stone. lawyers typically need something to go after. what are they going to take from you because you tell the truth about them? no miles? home time? really could write a book.

11. d o g

d o g Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Texas
    That's the point behind this particular forum. :biggrin_25525:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.