Dedicated accounts as a rookie

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Drpparker95, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Drpparker95

Drpparker95 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    I'm a new driver with swift just finished training on the Wal-Mart account. For all the new drivers who ask I would avoid dedicated accounts with department stores or dollar stores. It's hell on an inexperienced driver with lots of local close quarters training and difficult backs. If anyone is interested in the Wal-Mart account ask away

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TheDudeAbides

TheDudeAbides Medium Load Member

Dec 5, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    It’s hell but the experience you gain in about a month will be equal to a regular OTR driver doing a year or more. Just gotta take your time and inch it in, eventually it’ll get much easier

4. Drpparker95

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    Man the #### you deal with tight parking lots, stupid drivers trying to get behind you, parking right in the way and not to mention all the tight turns. Overall great experience but also a career killer if not careful. The schedules are tight and unloading is slow so you can't afford to go slow and careful

5. TheDudeAbides

TheDudeAbides Medium Load Member

Dec 5, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    Yeah i got on a dedicated supermarket run after about 3months of OTR and it was a ton of backing. Half was new stores designed for trucks and half were old designs with zero room to maneuver.

I learned a ton and it really helped me out as a driver but yeah i hated it at the time

Trucking in Tennessee Thanks this.
  6. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    Wal-Mart's are 100 times better than dollar tree or dollar General as far as backing.

laaylor Thanks this.
  7. dptrucker

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    Are you pulling Wal-Mart trailers? Are they reefer?
    Wal-Mart dc I was at for a few weeks in porterville ca. Said the appt times they gave me was time I can get no later by.
    But I could deliver sooner.

8. Drpparker95

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    Try telling that to the neighborhood markets in shopping centers and the docks directly across 4 lanes of traffic

06driver Thanks this.
  9. Drpparker95

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    Walmart grocery dc, mostly reefer and some dry van. Delivery times vary usually all stops have to be done by x time unless noted with dispatch and they clear it

10. dptrucker

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    Can you get there earlier than the appt time? I have delivered a day early. Mine were all dry van loads

11. Drpparker95

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    They don't really care as long as your not real late

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.