Dedicated routes out of indiana

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by dennisroc, May 11, 2017.

1. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    I'm lucky to get to MMS (i heard them ALL week....) and Norwalk, LoL~!

Bob Dobalina Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I hope you meant carboys. Here is where you run into my understanding. A carboy is a tub, inside a metal cage rated for about 2 ton of chemical possibly. Forklift transportable. Has access hatches through the cage to attach a variety of connections to the carboy as needed to move liquids. It's a wee east coast thing. If we agree then great. If not? Then I am in need of education.

4. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    ... huh? This was on another thread.. wish I could find it, but it was quite educational. @Bob Dobalina ... can you clear this up for Heavy? I gotta feed the wife, yaya~!

My understanding (and there were a LOT of specs on that thread) ...... chemical liquid totes in a van, up to a certain amount/weight/product, in fact DO require tank endorsement, and yeah, I believe HazMat as well.
    Good day, guys...stay safe.

Check in later...perhaps!

5. dennisroc

dennisroc Road Train Member

Oct 9, 2013
    Anjung-Ri, South Korea
    Hey is that track between Kokomo and Marion ? I think I seen it while out flying over the area.
    We are leaving Korea on 29 may headed Indy / Kokomo to settle in to the new house. Hoping to something lined up but if I have to drive a sprint car so be it lol
    I'm just going to be there for 3 weeks then back to Korea unless I get a driving job.

Bob Dobalina Thanks this.
  6. rda2580

rda2580 Heavy Load Member

Feb 22, 2012
    Lower Michigan
    My guess would be Averitt! Thinking China won't recommend them nor will Trooper! Not sure of the name of the mail carriers in Indy, but that might be an option? Someone might chime in with the name!

dennisroc Thanks this.
  7. dennisroc

dennisroc Road Train Member

Oct 9, 2013
    Anjung-Ri, South Korea
    I wonder why China and Trooper don't recommend Averitt ?

I'm hoping a lot of people chime in , I think I will check Averitt's website !

8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Averitt works for some people. I had a horrible experience at First Fleet which is part of the Averitt 3-headed snake family of companies. They hired 50 of us from another company that went bankrupt and within 3 months only 1 of the 50 remained; the rest quit. Some people like it there and stay for years. There was a time you had to have inside connections to even get a job there but that changed over the years. Now every little office flunkie writes their own rules and too many drivers wear knee pads and those that don't are kicked to the curb.
    I was at a smaller terminal and one night late, sneaked inside and quietly sat in a cubicle and listened to the dispatchers talking. Never have heard so much hatred for the drivers.

Last edited: May 14, 2017
    dennisroc Thanks this.
  9. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2015
    The "Buckeye"
    IBCs - Intermediate Bulk Containers, commonly referred to as "totes", and mainly available in 275 and 330 gallon capacities. Google "IBC tote". For some reason, I'm having trouble attaching a pic of one. Anyway, you need a tank endorsement now if you have 1000 gallons of liquid in these (but not in drums because the rule requires it only if the containers have an individual capacity of 119 gallons or more).

Last edited: May 14, 2017
    x1Heavy, Chinatown and dennisroc Thank this.
  10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Ive hauled those too. But kept them on the 20 foot chassis that they came and went on. Iiterally off the scotland vessal and right back onto the #### thing. Not allowed to touch anything physically and stand back out of the way at the small kiddie's table far in one corner away for to watch it sit and become empty not too long. Glug Glug Glug Glug. At something like 120 a load delivered it's not a bad evolution.

Too young to haul gasoline and military boom, old enough to buy drinks and whatever else in the bar or store and apparently old enough to deliver Seagrams in it's relatively monstrous bulk.

There is for all that one taste I will always miss here in Arkansas. "Natty Boh" Im convinced it will be a winter of ice age before I find one in these parts.

Have a great day everyone.

11. Short Fuse EOD

Short Fuse EOD Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Midwest
    How many more years you thinking about it? Get in, The water is warm!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.