Delivering Food? anyone?

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by lgo2014, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Hey, I DO LOVE TELLURIDE! Of course I've never had to deliver there. . .:biggrin_25523:

Radman Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. already gone

already gone Road Train Member

Sep 8, 2007
    Western New York
    why thats simply UNbeleivable!!

Radman Thanks this.
  4. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    I don't why but there's a lot hot chicks and milfs there!

5. unclejesse

unclejesse Bobtail Member

Feb 21, 2013
    Since there's been a lot of talk about injuries, I want to post about that really quick. I've been in the industry for a year, and work alongside many 20+ year veterans. I was told going into this that your body will give you about 8 years before it starts to really kill you. You can make it much longer than that but you've got to practice a couple of habits DAILY, no exceptions: absolutely no super stacking if at all possible, never yank on cases or your handcart to get it out of a tight spot or up a curb - only pull, use those brakes all #### day, and stretch. Stretch at the start of the day, a few times during, and at the end of the day.

This job is basically that of an industrial athlete. With proper ergonomics, safe work habits, some rest and good food, you can do this for awhile. Obviously, you have to have some decent genes that allow your body go be strong, but its much more doable then these folks are making it out to be. The boss man always wants you to go faster, go harder -- screw that. Do your best to hit your time windows, but take care of your body. How you treat your body in your twenties dictates how it'll perform for you in your forties. Work with precision and efficiency. Its about hand speed and stacking those carts like the flash - not sprinting down the ramp and overloading your cart.

This is one of those jobs where you don't go halfway. Its either in your blood and you love it, or you need to get out. As far as pay goes, its the best way to start your professional driving career, period. You'll learn how to get that truck in spots God didn't intent for it to go, and make anything from 50-95k a year, depending upon your route and your company. And if you take care of your body, lift right and move smart, you'll be made of granite in 6 months.

6. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Colorado
    What is "super stacking"?

7. ryan5464

ryan5464 Light Load Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Conway, AR
    I keep meaning to take pics of my dollie loads. I will and post one here so you can see some super stacking lol.

8. already gone

Sep 8, 2007
    Western New York
    oh hell....not more us foods management pushing the industrial athlete bs....... i thought they gave up on this cuz we laughed at them when they tried to make us stretch?

btw, guys last in this industry because they work in union shops, and cant get ran out for a younger guy that makes less and has no long term health issues....

9. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    [​IMG]

Gotta love foodservice! When you have one of these, it's a long day.

Dinomite, skyviper73 and already gone Thank this.
  10. Glp

Glp Medium Load Member

Dec 23, 2012
    Oakland, CA
    Ive seen foodservice guys in San Francisco with 2 fully loaded handtrucks, one in front and one with an arm over the shoulder behind hm

11. already gone

Sep 8, 2007
    Western New York
    that guy sounds like an idiot!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.