Delivery into a tropical storm?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Canadianhauler21, Aug 3, 2020.

1. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    If your up around Bangor and need some peace and quiet. The Bangor Mall has virtually closed up. Park on the end near the jade east restaurant. Use the hogan road ext for less turns

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
    Canadianhauler21 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve done that very thing.

Thankfully, in today’s storm the worst of the wind and rain was over in my neck of the woods before I had to do the 4 skid inside delivery at a beauty supply store.

4. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    The power was out at several of my deliveries today.

5. Canadianhauler21

Canadianhauler21 Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2017
    I'm in Portland Maine, still waiting to be offloaded. I'm right by 295 so I think that's near by. Thanks for your help!

lovesthedrive Thanks this.
  6. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    Exit 43 is only about a half hour drive up 295 toward augusta. Your welcome.
    The ramp is up hill. Make a right turn at end of ramp. Aboout a quarter mile on the right side.

062 and Canadianhauler21 Thank this.
  7. CargoWahgo

CargoWahgo Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Louisville, Kentucky

I drove through hurricane Isaac with only a few whirlpool washers in the back across i10. Then into the hurricane Sandy aftermath to New York.

Do it.... You'll never forget it lol.

You will go....man....I was an idiot....
    But you will have stories to tell. I tell u going over all the bridges and the big long causeway was something else.
    It even broke my hood mirrors hex nut. Who the hell carries a hex screwdriver?

Ummm.... Watch out for the trees in the road....the national guard....and boats that are about to float up into the interstate. Also make sure you have a full tank of fuel.... I got it anywhere I could find it multiple stations... Alot of guys ran out of fuel during Sandy I didn't. Here's a shot of the electric company and guard going on it's way to Louisiana once I finally got up the nerve to take my phone out and snap a photo.

Screenshot_20200804-224647.png

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  8. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    So? How was it at Exit 43 Quickstop? Only time I have seen it be less than ideal there was around christmas. Some local family with 5 kids came through and toilet paper everywhere. What a mess. Locals helping the staff to clean up after the kids

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.