Depression and getting your Medical Card/CDL Physical?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by AriGab, Feb 16, 2024.

1. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    No. That is simply disappointment.
    Or maybe disillusionment.

Rideandrepair, Crude Truckin' and Numb Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kenworth6969

Kenworth6969 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2020
    I don't know.

Just thinking of tarping a 48k pound load for $1.50 per mile bring tears to my eyes. :crybaby:

Rideandrepair, Zoltan1a and tscottme Thank this.
  4. Blackjack55

Blackjack55 Light Load Member

Sep 24, 2018
    If it's treated with medication,it's not a big deal. You need to disclose the medication,but most meds for depression are not controlled substances.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  5. JC1971

JC1971 Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2013
    L.A.
    What if it's your Primary Care doctor's opinion/diagnosis rather than a psychiatrist? Would that carry equal weight if it ever ended up in court for any reason?

Rideandrepair and gentleroger Thank this.
  6. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    What, why? Because you could get the same rate for doing dry van?

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  7. The one california kid

The one california kid Medium Load Member

Oct 31, 2023
    Which brings up my question that I've been wondering about for quite awhile: If a person is crazy, do you think that person knows it in their own mind that they are crazy? LoL

Rideandrepair and Numb Thank this.
  8. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

"If you weren't depressed before you got into trucking, trucking will make you depressed while doing it." LOL

9. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Trucking might help solve depression. You will get away from all people making you feel depressed. Lots of time it can be the people around you making you feel depressed. It’s something people don’t talk about, why someone is depressed. So they just assume it’s the persons problem and not looking at the big picture of the people around them.

People should watch the movie The Breakfast Club from 1985 if they are depressed. It’s will show you how the people around you can be making you feel depressed and you don’t realize it.

The crazy girl in the movie tells a very big secret about how her family treats her and then the others open up about their family. That’s what people don’t talk about how family can actually be the start or problem in depression. That’s how trucking can help by getting someone away from the problem. It’s the family and the people around you making someone depressed.

If anyone is depressed you NEED to watch the movie The Breakfest Club from 1985.

10. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    Indeed.

I got into trucking (in part) because there I spend far less time with/around people who are annoying (or otherwise toxic).

-- L

11. LTL Bull

LTL Bull Road Train Member

Mar 12, 2020
    Great movie. I liked “all the right moves” too and the original Red Dawn. Sixteen candles was pretty good.

Rideandrepair and Brandt Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.