did celadon change their pet policy for company drivers

Discussion in 'Celadon' started by adam1984, Jun 20, 2015.

1. adam1984

adam1984 Bobtail Member

Jun 20, 2015
    how tight is the 90 they have you do for the
    how tight is the 90 they have you do for the road test my school only covered a 45 and how much range time will I get in total

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dharok

Dharok Medium Load Member

Jun 10, 2015
    I was just at the Denver terminal, I was there for orientation but unfortunately I failed the roadtest and was not given a chance for a refresher course, currently on the grayhound bus back to Vegas, At least I got to escape the vegas heat for a couple of days haha.
    In their FAQs in their website they say that they do not allow pets on their company trucks, unless you're a lease purchaser. Some people were there for the refresher, they pay for hotel, (####ty breakfast, not even eggs, but it's complimentary so i guess it's fine, breakfast is at hotel) For lunch, they buy you lunch, i was only there for a day an a half and the 1 day they had pizza, so expect things like that. For dinner they give you a voucher for a restaurant right next to hotel it's a $10 voucher. (mostly everything costs $10 so be prepared to pay for taxes+tips if you choose to leave any, I did, the server was really nice and attentive)

4. Dharok

Jun 10, 2015
    In
    In the denver terminal, you could 45 it, I didn't get to since I failed before the backing portion. They give you 15 mins to do it, unlimited fowards and what not and getting off the truck. But 15 mins time (that's wht I was told) Honestly for 2-5 days worth of "refresher" I wouldn't sign a 120,000 mile contract, that seems to excessive to me. They take care of you as far as lodging and what not but lets be honest, their pay is really low. Maybe it worked out for the best that I didn't get to work there. I applied for Knight, hopefully my luck is better there. The recruiter said that they're road test isn't "pass or fail" they will determine what I need to work on from it, so I'm guessing they don't boot you out like Celadon did to me lmfao...

5. Automan2012

Automan2012 Bobtail Member

Oct 23, 2012
    Virginia Beach,VA
    You can 45 it at the Indy terminal as well.

6. antoinefinch

antoinefinch Light Load Member

Jan 23, 2015
    Phenix City, Alabama
    Did they still pay you for Orientation? I failed the road test too:(

7. Dharok

Jun 10, 2015
    I think they do once you complete it. I'm glad I don't work there though, applied at another company where I live so I just drive to the yard haha.

8. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    There's your problem...it is not "luck" that one passes a driving test...it is a SKILL based profession, and they are testing you on your SKILLS. You have none...so you failed. Sounds fair to me.

If they didn't hire you and put you in a truck, why would they pay you?

9. Dharok

Jun 10, 2015
    I understand your reply but perhaps I didn't get my point across. What I meant was luck during the test, as in hopefully the tester is not a fing ahole like the one I previously had.. Etc. Quick update, passed the Knights test, went out with a trainer for 2 weeks on my request because I didn't feel too comfortable and wanted to get a feel for otr. I've been out on my own now for 3 weeks or so. Super freaking stressful but I'm hanging in there. So I got lucky because the tester didn't make a big deal about me not double clutching, he was talking to me all relaxed and normal not like the guy at Celadon who didn't say a word but instead made little fked up comments.. I'm glad they didn't hire me, knight has a Yard where I live so I don't have to worry about taking the truck home and what not.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.