Didn’t do Road test at interview ???

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Truckerpito, Feb 22, 2024.

1. Truckerpito

Truckerpito Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2024
    Just had a job interview and everything went great , actually was thinking man I got this job , but at the end I didn’t do a road test , I was told by the two guys that it’s not up to them but that the trans manager gets the final say after all interviews from other people are complete , but they went on to tell me about the drug test process and how training would be with the videos and such , they also said my recruiter should be in contact with me in a day or two with the verdict , I’m so used to doing a road test this has got me sweating lol

James j and Freddy57 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. NorthEastTrucker

NorthEastTrucker Medium Load Member

Sep 21, 2019
    If you were an Owner operator I can understand that there is no road test. But if its their trucks...? You have to wonder if they're desperate for a driver that bad considering insurance rates now a days

4. Truckerpito

Truckerpito Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2024
    That’s what I was thinking

James j Thanks this.
  5. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Every company does it their own way. Stop worrying.

6. prostartom

prostartom Light Load Member

Jun 20, 2014
    Companies are allowed to accept your CDL license as evidence that you are a capable driver in lieu of actually doing a road test, they can also accept a documented road test from another company as well. Best practice is obviously to road test every applicant which is what I imagine the vast majority of companies do.

7. dngrous_dime

dngrous_dime Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Lansing area, MI
    When I leased on at my current company, they said they almost wouldn't accept me because I didn't double clutch, and I didn't properly use their 13sp, which I'd never used before. But, I put that onus on the safety turtle, because he's just a prick. Besides, my own truck is a 10sp, so idk why it would matter.

nextgentrucker Thanks this.
  8. LTL Bull

LTL Bull Road Train Member

Mar 12, 2020
    I got my current and previous job with no road test. job before that was literally once around the yard

Flat Earth Trucker Thanks this.
  9. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    It is perfectly acceptable to use prior experience in lieu of drive test.

10. Freddy57

Freddy57 Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Mount Vernon, MO
    Road tests occur whenever the company desires...I had one once where the manager and I went for a quick drive with a loaded trailer. They had me hook up the load, went for a quick drive and when I pulled back into the yard he had to park between two trailers. When I shut down, he asked me if I liked the truck, I said yeah, it was ok, he handed me the bills and told me to call dispatch when I was empty.

11. Richierich76

Richierich76 Light Load Member

Jul 19, 2019
    When I got hired at Estes they didn't give me a road test. I thought that was strange but just kept my mouth shut.

Flat Earth Trucker and buddyd157 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.