Diesel and APU fumes at truck stops

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by truckthatpassesyouby, Jun 4, 2016.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    The old tunnel is still functioning believe it or not Clausland. There is a number of 13 foot 5 inch laser gates protecting that tunnel backed by large signs commanding you to vacate that highway before you get to the tunnel.

The new Fort McHenry tunnel was a world wonder in engineering.

The Chesapeake Bay Bridge tunnel system from Norfolk towards Pokomoke City on Maryland's eastern shore is a personal favorite. However it's a bit serious taking a 18 wheeler out to sea where the bay meets the Atlantic with 30 foot rolling main in a blow.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    Yep, and more of the new trucks fleets are buying have weed burners.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  4. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    I also carry a carbon moxnide detector as well as a smoke alarm in my truck.

magoo68 Thanks this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    rachi Im sorry to learn that companies are buying weed burners.

Nothing like a pair of good company stacks on a fat T section behind the engine to breathe and snort on mountains. But nooo have to casterate engines even further driving up the pyrometer higher and killing whatever fuel economy they seek with the skirts.

Maybe I should seek a new life acting as a Truck Purchase Officer. That at least I know I will equipt a company with #### good equiptment. I like to buy things. Im sick and tired of learning about how non truckers are in a position to buy crappy equiptment all the time....

rachi Thanks this.
  6. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    You should research how much carbon monoxide a diesel puts out, you should be concerned with gasoline engines

alpo718, Eeyore05, gokiddogo and 2 others Thank this.
  7. Hoofbeats

Hoofbeats Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Iraq
    I think you're confusing CO2 with CO. Although there are some risks with EXTREME levels of CO2 in your blood, none of them have the effects that you listed. You have CO2 in your blood right now, it's a natural byproduct of cellular respiration.

CO is one of the few gases that resembles oxygen in the body. The molecules fit in the same receptacles that oxygen uses in cells. Oxygen goes into the receptacle on one side of the cell, passes through it and comes out as CO2 on the other side when the cell is done with it. CO does not move when it is in the receptacle. It just sits there. The oxygen molecules can't find an open receptacle so they just keep moving along without helping the cells. If you live long enough, the CO will breakdown and fall out of the receptacles. This can actually take weeks.

tman78, 25(2)+2 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  8. Md420

Md420 Medium Load Member

Nov 2, 2015
    Tn
    download (1).jpg

9. 379exhd

379exhd Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2012
    rolling through hell
    I'll one up that one. Last year right after I bought my trailers I went out do change a couple lights and right next to the gear on my trailer was a walmart bag full of somebody's ####...less than 150 yards from the door to the truckstop which is open 24/7/365 and has bathrooms. Changed my lights forgot about the bag and stepped in it.

Needless to say I was a little bit pissed, no mind you this ain't no T/A or Peelot, it's a mom and pop I'd expect it at a large stop not a mom and pop stop.

tucker Thanks this.
  10. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Amazing how some people live ain't it ?

11. 379exhd

379exhd Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2012
    rolling through hell
    Sure is makes you wonder what the world has come to

bzinger Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.