Dispatcher tries to force driver to drive tired. *MUST SEE*

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by K9OTR, Feb 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K9OTR

K9OTR Light Load Member

Sep 1, 2013
    Rochester, NY
    A guy a follow on youtube shared this video today.

A very well done video showing some of the truths of what can happen out there. I was speechless after watching this guy talking to his dispatcher.

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2015
    x1Heavy, moneyburner, Razor3 and 21 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LandShark

LandShark Road Train Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Riverdale, Ga
    He talked to much. Just say I'm tired I'm going to bed. Good night. Same company tried the exact same thing on my son. Lol he didn't even bother calling just went to bed.

281ric, mje, K9OTR and 7 others Thank this.
  4. Triad

Triad Light Load Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    I've been pretty good about staying rested, awake and alert, but I've had a few cases where I've been just too tired to keep going and had to pull it over to get some sleep. The conversation has always been pretty one-sided and usually goes a bit like this: "I'm too tired to keep driving. I need to get some sleep. I'm taking 10 hours here in Xxxxxxxxxxx, XX and I can be to my destination at XXXX." The day someone says "No, you're not," is the day I find someplace else to work.

Driver's working for K&B. I very briefly considered driving for them until I did some very basic research on them and decided not to. Glad to see I made a good decision.

gentleroger, Swamprat55 and mje Thank this.
  5. startsmonday

startsmonday Light Load Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Wow. Great video. Driving overnight is dangerous if you don't have some extra time to lie down and get some sleep. They can keep the bs 30 minute break. For drivers who don't normally drive at night, it's an accident waiting to happen. But...what exactly was said between the driver and the dispatcher earlier in the day? Where did they leave it?

mje Thanks this.
  6. xiipercent

xiipercent Medium Load Member

Mar 19, 2007
    popo - wake yourself up! bahahahha

get yourself out of k&b.

mje Thanks this.
  7. plant

plant Heavy Load Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Stuff like this makes me thankful that I drive for the company I do. They don't pull that ####. And I drive for Swift.. so what does that say about K&B?

Leftnut and mje Thank this.
  8. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    He handled it better than I would. I'd have been telling that last guy off when he mentioned my wife. I'd say that ##### doesn't get to tell me #### about my check.

pattyj, GeorgeDee, mje and 1 other person Thank this.
  9. PackRatTDI

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    He drives for KB. That explains it.

mje Thanks this.
  10. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    The last company I worked at tried some of that.

I delivered at parked the night before at 10:30 pm.
    I called in the next morning for a load at 8:30 am.
    They called me at 10 in the morning telling me that I had a load to get there about an hour away to load at 5pm It was scheduled to load by 10. I was to drive from Indianapolis to Monroe MI in a blizzard and be there by 5 am local to unload. Then while on the break, they would have me drive and get loaded for the next night.

Told them to get a load back to the yard so I could empty the truck. Not going to run illegal.

newbietrucker007, 281ric and mje Thank this.
  11. PackRatTDI

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    I had a similar situation to the video. I arrived at ProTrans in Indianapolis at 7am my time (9am local) after a full 10 hour break. I was about a half hour from Indianapolis when I started. My load was delayed as several of the LTL shipments weren't there yet.

Consequently I didn't get rolling until 3pm and by the time I got rolling after scaling out it was near 4. By the time I got to Joplin I was dead tired. I stopped at the Petro and took a nap. We don't have a night dispatch and I was tired, annoyed and didn't give a fart about getting it to the delivery asap at ProTrans in El Paso. Never got a lecture about it though.

mje Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.