Dispute over booting a truck at Walmart lands parking enforcer in jail for assault

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Warrior Cat, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Warrior Cat

Warrior Cat Light Load Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Not an 'accident' but more like a confrontation the trucker won.

A battle over a boot being placed on a tractor-trailer in the Walmart parking lot in Perry led to the truck driver being hit by a car and a parking enforcement worker being taken to jail.

Mason Parker, 23, of Marietta, who is an employee of Buckhead Parking Enforcement, was charged with aggravated assault Tuesday for allegedly running his Kia into the truck driver, Perry police Capt. Heath Dykes said.

“We’ve had a lot of booting trucks up there at the Walmart parking lot, and it’s been a mess,” Dykes said.

At about 6 p.m. Tuesday, Perry police were called to the dispute in the Walmart Supercenter parking lot at 1009 St. Patricks Drive.

Dispute over booting a truck at Walmart lands parking enforcer in jail for assault

KB3MMX and Lepton1 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    The majority of Walmarts in Georgia really suck....

Double Dime, KB3MMX and Chinatown Thank this.
  4. Swiss Mountain Dog

Swiss Mountain Dog Medium Load Member

Apr 4, 2018
    Texas
    So the lesson here is that truck drivers aren't welcome as customers or as parkers. Got it. There's nothing at Walmart we need at home that can't be obtained elsewhere - same applies on the road for my husband.

86scotty, jethro712, Dino soar and 8 others Thank this.
  5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Many Walmart's don't even allow Walmart trucks to park there unless they're waiting in line for dock space.
    Booting trucks around the Atlanta area has been a problem for decades. Some politicians are getting a cut of the fines, otherwise the practice would have ended years ago.
    If I was the truck driver, would have laid down and demanded an ambulance, then called a personal injury lawyer.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  6. Poonok

Poonok Light Load Member

Apr 25, 2018
    Il
    Sad as WM used to boast about being an alternative safe haven for truckers.

7. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Seriously what if the truck driver was actually a Walmart customer i mean surely folks go shopping in there RV's and travel trailers so why can't a Truck driver do the same? Reminds me of the Flying J at Jackson MS security would walk through the drivers lounge checking drivers licenses to make sure no homeless people were in there using the facilities.

Double Dime, mjd4277, Lepton1 and 2 others Thank this.
  8. Swiss Mountain Dog

Swiss Mountain Dog Medium Load Member

Apr 4, 2018
    Texas
    You know, I was watching some YouTube videos of various abandoned sites around the country and there are just a ton of empty shopping malls all over the nation. With huge, empty parking lots.

Why aren't some of those being set up as truck parking in some places? I mean sure, some aren't going to reasonable to access for big rigs, but many would be and they are just lurking out there. No facilities, but out of traffic at least.

9. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    If you pay attention that parking enforcement individual does not work for Walmart. At the majority of North Ga stores city ordinances and zoning force us to allow for companies to boot illegally parked vehicles.

99% of the lots up there have city ordinances against truck parking except for delivery.

Look folks Walmart only bans folks by their choice when it costs the store manager more to clean up after the trucks than they buy.

Kimball,Tn spends a fortune repaving every couple years, but they see the revenue fro. All those trucks according to management. Conversely Old Fort in Murfreesboro restricts parking to two hours. Because they were tired of the complaints from the Medical Office and Apartments about people urinating and defecating in the shrubs were they used to let them park.

Dino soar, KB3MMX, Aamcotrans and 4 others Thank this.
  10. silverspur

silverspur Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Truck parking at Walmart is a privilege, not a right. Many of the parking lots at their new stores are being strategically designed to deter tractor trailers.

I know I'm a nuisance, but it saves me a lot of money and I appreciate them letting me run in for 30 or so minutes.

I have moved trailers out of the dock for Walmart managers and even let one suck some fuel out of my tank for his holiday turkey reefer.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    Dino soar, Lepton1, Opus and 4 others Thank this.
  11. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Be careful parking in abandoned strip malls or shopping malls. Tow trucks cruise those places looking for big rigs to tow. Tow companies will cover or remove the "No Truck Parking" signs.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.