Dispute over booting a truck at Walmart lands parking enforcer in jail for assault

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Warrior Cat, Jul 13, 2018.

1. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    What can Wal-Mart do when the city passes a no commercial parking inside city limits law and fines the property owner?

Coover, gentleroger and 06driver Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Sounds like I'm shopping somewhere else. Ohhhhhh wait I do that now.
    Ya. Wally world went to crap when the ol' man passed. The kids shipped it all to china. To make a buck.

4. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Because it costs money to have someone continually clean the lot because there will be garbage bags and bags of poop and pee bottles all over the place.

5. sxdime

sxdime Medium Load Member

Nov 9, 2010
    Elkton MD
    The slobs and disrespectful idiots that are out here these days ruined that. The owed/entitled and "I don't care it's not mine" is the way of so many these days. It's not only truck drivers.

allniter, mjd4277 and spyder7723 Thank this.
  6. SOAthor

SOAthor Light Load Member

Jun 3, 2012
    Tennessee
    I always thought the proper name was spelled China-mart, but if you want to be PC thats fine.

peterbilt_2005 Thanks this.
  7. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    It’s not just trash. In fact I will argue that’s only a minor part of the problem. The bigger problem is 3 trucks at 16:00, attracts 20 trucks by 23:00 who park all stupid everywhere in the main lot and won’t move until 10:00 am the next morning. It looks like and is a complete fuster cluck to navigate through for citizens the next morning, when things start to get busy at the store

Trucks are attracted to other trucks like moths to a flame. Monkey see, monkey do.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  8. thelushlarry

thelushlarry Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    glasgow ky
    You just insulted sewer rats all across America! What did the rats do to you?

Dan.S, allniter, sealevel and 2 others Thank this.
  9. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    Correct. And the reason that they're not welcome to park is because of the many that leave their bags of trash, poop and piss bottles next to their truck or under their trailer and then drive off. Or stand on the step and piss right on the parking lot.

10. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    No facilities, so within a week there will be so much trash and human excrement covering the site that trucks won't be able to get in and out. That's why.

11. rickybobby

rickybobby Road Train Member

Jul 10, 2010
    greensboro, nc
    I buy enough groceries for 2weeks. That’s how long I stay out. This is the reason I don’t use WM on the road. The best thing to do is. Track down WM manager or the security company, to let them know your a shopper.

Aamcotrans Thanks this.
  12. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    A: They sell what people buy. Same reason 99% of Amazon and Ebay stuff is from China.
    B. Wal.art has always made a concerted effort to source what will sell from here. And has redoubled their efforts in the last few years. They host a yearly open call for American manufacturers to pitch their products.

Sadly when these more expensive products are placed next to cheap imports on the shelf everyone grabs the lower price.

Tell me do you fuel at the higher or lower pump. When buying tires do you look for the highest price?

Easy to blame companies because they are evil, corporate enemies easily vilified. But you should look around you. Stores are in the business of selling stuff. They stock their shelves with what sells.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.