Dispute over booting a truck at Walmart lands parking enforcer in jail for assault

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Warrior Cat, Jul 13, 2018.

1. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mjd4277

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    The problem is some of these drivers would literally be homeless and actually living in their trucks!

4. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    In many situations, local drivers will use the Walmart [or wherever else operational business they can find] to park their truck or trailer while they go home. Messes up things for everybody. Out in the oil patch you see this every where, but you see it anywhere a community is large enough to reside dozens or more OTR drivers, especially over weekends.

Communities forbidding trucks parking in residential areas is only making this situation worse by the month.

5. Troy_

Troy_ Road Train Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Roma, Alberta.
    just get your own boot and put it on when you park at a walmart.

6. VIDEODROME

VIDEODROME Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2007
    angola, in
    One time when I was still running Expediter Van, I found this abandoned mall in Fort Chiswell, VA and spent the night.

[​IMG]

Wow there is an update. :eek:

A good portion of this place has been destroyed by a fire. I think I was here in 2012 and while there saw one or two people using vacant stores as offices. Maybe this was electrical wiring chewed on by critters or a coffee pot left on?

Old Fort Chiswell Outlet Mall destroyed by fire

[​IMG]

7. mjd4277

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    TOASTY!!!

VIDEODROME Thanks this.
  8. mjd4277

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    In recent years the truck parking situation has been reaching a critical point. You’ve got areas like the above mentioned (abandoned malls,gas stations,etc.) that could be used but they’re sealed off (typically with concrete jersey barriers) to deter trucks. And typically they’re in areas where there is little or no options available for truck parking. Nearest truck stops are 20 some odd miles away and they’re already filled to capacity (if not overflowing) and most of these communities big or small don’t want trucks in the area despite the fact that they need trucks to deliver goods and services.

Something’s got to give.

9. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    I know we need the parking and there a getting to be more shopping centers, malls etc that are now closed. But I don't know how many times I have seen light poles knocked down and other damage. One guy dragged a huge landscpe boulder all the way out into the road. And then there is the trash.
    We can be our own worst enemy.

10. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    That’s not the fault of the experienced, professional driver. Penalties for littering and running stuff over need to be harsh.

In the former case, make the litterbug clean up trash for one month in the area they offended. 8 hours a day, 7 days a week. Second offense, a year in prison.

In the latter case, fine the #### out of the companies for placing unqualified drivers behind the wheel. And make them pay for the torn up #### out of their own pocket.

11. MrEd

MrEd Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Winfred, SD
    Well, except at 6pm, it is likely every one of those 200 spots could be full. Oh, and it is remotely possible he needed to fill a prescription. Walmart has a pharmacist. Loves and Pilot, do not.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.