DJ and Bakken Updates

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by LDLWells, Apr 27, 2019.

1. LDLWells

LDLWells Heavy Load Member

Jan 14, 2019
    I had some downtime this morning and was inspired by some service work we did on Thursday in Colorado.

In short, if you want to haul crude in Colorado don't even bother if you're an o/o. The big boys with company drivers are under bidding the smaller companies. There's a few guys with some sweet rates but they're few and far between. And every company is building a pipeline. Once that pipe is in they only drill around it.

For the site that inspired me, I have no knowledge beyond an educated guess, there's eight wells and going by the length the Red Army™ was there I'm guessing 100+ stages a well. That's some crazy flow coming back right? They have two pro tanks (25/500) and eight water tanks. They're never planning on having crude trucks in there.

Water and sand here is great as far as I know. Everyone and their momma is hauling sand for Sandbox or Liberty as o/o. I don't really know much about them except they're everywhere. Water is mostly company guys but they're busy as can be.

Bakken

I have no assets left there but I talked to two guys up there Friday. One guy told me he could use fifteen o/o for water and another ten for crude. But it still might not be enough. The Bakken, after the bust, has seemed to be nothing but steady work. Probably because it's ND and second in the nation for suicide. Montana being number one.

Anyways I'm open to any questions about the plays I know about. I did go to an industry lunch on Thursday and picked up some tidbits about Oklahoma and Texas while there

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. darknessesedge

darknessesedge Medium Load Member

Jul 8, 2013
    anything on the Permian?

4. LDLWells

Jan 14, 2019
    I got asked to send trucks there. I politely declined. They want to cut rates more and would be able to if they have more haulers. Pipeline is full and they have about 3000 wells that need to be drilled and/or fracked.

They have some really cool EOR going on though. Not that anyone cares but I was really impressed. Right now they have all these vertical wells that are tapped out. Currently they're leaving about 90% of the oil, they just can't recover it. So they're pumping water and sand into one well to force oil out of other wells. It's not going bad. Instead of only getting 10% of the oil now it's jumping to 16-18%

5. darknessesedge

darknessesedge Medium Load Member

Jul 8, 2013
    ok

6. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    Sounds like they're making waterflood units out of old depleted wells.

Also, who is "they" in terms of wells yet to be drilled and fracked and pipeline capacity?

7. 4wayflashers

4wayflashers Heavy Load Member

Mar 14, 2014
    After the bust I delivered some chemicals to Williston. It was an eerily quiet place. Lots of trucks parked at the new Loves. They were still working but everyone was saying there was a strict no overtime policy at basically every company. This was probably around 09/15. Has overtime for company water haulers returned to the Bakken? Asking for a friend :/ For myself, the thought of returning to the Bakken kind of feels like reliving a nightmare haha. Are there still 2-3 hour minimum wait times at disposals and fresh water depots?

8. LDLWells

Jan 14, 2019
    There's so many disposals and fresh water depots that waiting is a thing of the past. Now you're paid by the load or by the hour for water depending on the circumstances

Orange713 and 4wayflashers Thank this.
  9. Utah Ditch

Utah Ditch Light Load Member

Mar 8, 2016
    We get paid mainly by the barrel to haul production water, and fresh water to injections, service work is by the hour though, the Bakken definitely isn’t how it was a few years ago, yet they still want to overcharge you for everything up here, after June my rent is going up $660 per month!! leave or buy a house up here, but they want way too much for houses around Watford City , looking for a decent paying local job in Utah with Sunday’s off, almost impossible to find

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  10. dorkgasms

dorkgasms Bobtail Member

May 23, 2019
    NoCo
    Hot oil work seems to be leveling off. Senior guys are getting whats left of the dispatches currently. Kinda weird seeing how they're drilling just about everywhere right now.
    Mostly P & A's for Noble.

Thinking about getting into company Crude or Sand Hauling for a bit. Got any suggestions for companies doing either?

11. LDLWells

Jan 14, 2019
    Plains is always a good company to get in with, sand you'll make a lot

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.