dnq on dot physical for blood pressure

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by midgetripples, Apr 30, 2019.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    HAHAHAHA... ROTF. awesome.

I could never be that OIC. Life is just too short.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Big Merl

Big Merl Bobtail Member

Aug 10, 2014
    If the BP is abnormally high for one single test there is a good chance the test was done wrong also. They could have used the wrong size cuff. They also could have tested you with a five minute rest. There is a reason a good medical staff goes over your medications and takes your temp and things like that before they take your BP. If they are rushing you through the physical or taking it while you are standing up then you are not getting a resting BP.

4. Red Pill

Red Pill Bobtail Member

Oct 13, 2017
    Trucking companies are not your friends !!!!!
    I get my own physical and DOT card on my own out of my own $$$. I have had the same issues. Same thing. Now my physical and my company have nothing to do with each other , it’s totally up to me and my doctors. A great company lost a great driver and a great driver lost a great company because of that ,,, now they are still trying to get me back ... and I’m still not there.

5. midgetripples

midgetripples Light Load Member

Sep 16, 2018
    took the records from my doctor and found another doctor to do my physical was up front him on everything, got a 1 year because i did have the previous failed but my bp was good, thank you to those that provided suggestions

kemosabi49 Thanks this.
  6. TugHillRider

TugHillRider Light Load Member

Apr 27, 2019
    Fort Myers, FL
    I’m doing Keto also. Back in 2015 I lost 100 pounds doing it. Ended up gaining it all back because I stopped exercising and eating bad. Started it back up on April 1st and have lost 30 pounds since then. Already feel so much better and I’ve dropped almost 2 pants sizes already. Hopefully I pass my dot physical Monday.

Radman Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.