Do a lot of truckers suffer sleep apnea?

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by sybila, Jul 11, 2018.

1. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    Good for you.

However inside the industry there is a plague being foisted upon drivers. They are being required to go get tested despite a law against it. They are being required to use wireless reporting machines despite other, more cost effective treatments. Hell I have had a sleep center try and have me sign that I had been diagnosed and agree to the rental and monitoring fees before I ever took the test.

You keep believing your experience is the only one out there. Far to many drivers have had to fight this fight. Some have even been branded and are now paying those thousands of dollars a year.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 06driver

May 28, 2017
    No money in it....yet.

Just wait I can foresee a daily BP check tied to your cell, if it is to high a required doctor's visit before your cdl is reactivated.

4. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Who rents CPAPs a machine ? Their is only one person I know of that rents a cpap machine. It's the insurance company. They only rent them for like 6 months as a way to pay for CPAP. That's when they also monitor the usage. If you stop using your CPAP insurance stops payment.

Once your CPAP is paid for it's all up to you to use it or not use it. If you want to keep driving and get some good sleep you use it. If not, you won't be getting a new medical card.

Just like eye glassses you have to buy them and use them.

CJ701 Thanks this.
  5. 06driver

May 28, 2017
    Oh come on you folks are not naive enough to not have heard of parasites like this

SleepSafe Drivers

6. 06driver

May 28, 2017
    Oh and never fall for their "home test". If they clear you on the home test it will be determined to be insufficient data for sleepsafe diagnosis. You will then have to take yet another inlab test.

7. kurbski

kurbski Light Load Member

Jul 6, 2008
    NE Florida

Im a cpap user and you are not. I offer alternatives from a patients point of view and share information on reality, how to comply and save money doing it. You focus on negativity. There are alternatives to dishonest providers. Open up to the facts instead of spreading misinformation...... After reading your bs replies and lack of understanding, You seem like a pretty miserable and negative Individual. I'll unwatch now because you seem to be the idiot, not Dr. John!

8. 06driver

May 28, 2017
    That is the point. The dishonest "providers" are pushing for everyone to be on a machine. Never claimed to be any doctor and I have no clue who your hero John is. Probably another hack looking for a niche in the over saturated medical proffesion.

9. BrandonCDLdriver

BrandonCDLdriver Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    That has nothing to do with sleep apnea. That's stopping breathing while sleeping. Irregular schedules don't stop brething. Being a big fat slob does.

10. 06driver

May 28, 2017
    Actually even the so called experts say body mass has little to do with it.

11. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    My dispatcher has no clue about this. Scheduled a delivery at 8 am, which meant I had to get up at 1 am, and try to go to bed on Sunday night at 6 pm. When I complained, he said you had two days off, you should be rested. Moron.

Jazz1 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.