Do a lot of truckers use energy drinks?

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by erparker, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Gitty

Gitty Medium Load Member

Jul 16, 2009
    in my truck
    Not me, I'm hyper already. I bounce off the walls naturally. Cannot imagine drinking one of them nasty things, how I would act??? :biggrin_2555:

Hey Les you think I should try one of those energy drinks???:biggrin_25526:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    Whilst scanning the coolers at a Flying J, looking for an economical 99 cent can of Arizona sweet tea, which I splurge on maybe once a week, I saw a sign advertising some kind of energy drink in a can for just $4.00...

That's $4! As in FOUR ONE DOLLAR BILLS.

FOUR

$4

Who the frig pays $4 for a can of sugar water? Jeebus... I have a hard time justifying 99 cents! And that's only when I'm really craving something cold to drink. The rest of the time I get a 24 pack of water from wally world and drink it at room temp.

4. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    Studies are out that them energy drinks are causing major health problems.

ghostchild Thanks this.
  5. Gitty

Gitty Medium Load Member

Jul 16, 2009
    in my truck
    The bottle of water are causing illnesses:biggrin_25521: and dentists say you need the fluoride from tap water or your teeth will rot:biggrin_2555: out of your head. I have a water jug :biggrin_25524:I take in and fillup with ice and water for free cause I'm cheap!!:biggrin_25526:

lilillill Thanks this.
  6. Les2

Les2 Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2008
    kicked back in my lazyboy...
    I don't think that would be safe!:biggrin_2551:

I'd have to say, "someone would get hurt"...:biggrin_2559:

7. lego1970

lego1970 Medium Load Member

Oct 10, 2008
    Blue Springs, Missouri
    I'll drink a diet coke when I wake up, or hot chocolate (winter months), but that's about it. Too much caffine makes me have to use the bathroom a lot plus it causes my skin to get dry or chapped. As others mentioned a sensible diet, exercise, and money keeps me going.

8. TheHealthyDriver

TheHealthyDriver Heavy Load Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Stony Mountain, MB
    Even though I'm rather health conscious, I tend to use energy drinks a few times a week. However, only if they're on 2 for $4, and usually an hour or so before I'm hitting the weights. Any more $ than that, and I feel it's too rich for my blood, and will grab another coffee instead.

As for the OP, if it works as you say it would, and isn't cost prohibitive, then truck stops might be a good way to go.

9. Oilpatchtrucker

Oilpatchtrucker Light Load Member

Oct 8, 2010
    edmonton alberta
    One of opur guys used to drink 3-5 a day then ended up off sick with heart palpatations.. cause?/ them stupid drinks.. If a driver gets the sleep he needs then he dont need anything more than a cup of coffee once in a while

ghostchild Thanks this.
  10. TheHealthyDriver

TheHealthyDriver Heavy Load Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Stony Mountain, MB

No one ever NEEDS uppers, and that's what coffee is. People want them. Some people want more of them than what is healthy. But, technically, no one ever needs them.

11. MassHole

MassHole Medium Load Member

Aug 18, 2010
    wareham, mass
    Monster, yummy. Love that drink. I have maybe 1 or2 a week. I'll have a cup of coffee once a day. Although I don't drink this stuff cuz I need it. I drink it since I like the taste and now its like a habit. I don't say oh I'm tired I need a coffee, usually when I'm tired its not to far from bedtime. Like people said sleep and eating plays a factor in fatigue.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.