Do car haulers like Carmax?

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by Rocky64, Feb 20, 2014.

1. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!
    Well at least you and I agree on something.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. USMC '74-'78 Semper Fi

USMC '74-'78 Semper Fi Light Load Member

Nov 13, 2013
    Mount Union, PA
    Yes they do...

4. Vegas Connellys

Vegas Connellys Bobtail Member

May 11, 2018
    CarMax could offer free shipping on every car and it wouldn’t matter. They take their time getting car transferred and couldn’t care less if you are upset about it. Their entire attitude is “if you don’t buy the car, someone else will” so they really don’t care. They have absolutely ZERO follow through and really know how to take the “WOW” moment out of purchasing a vehicle. Been waiting almost two weeks to have a car transferred less than two hundred miles. They have given me three different delivery dates. I challenge everyone everyone reading this to find a CarMax dealer less than 250 Miles from your home dealership (free shipping) and request a car be transferred. When it arrives tell them it took to long and you lost the impulse to purchase. Maybe then CarMax will get the message that this is a flaw in their car selling business and fix it.

5. Tall Mike

Tall Mike Road Train Member

Aug 20, 2014
    New York
    I shopped online with Carmax I thought the prices were a bit on the high side never bought anything..I've hauled for them as well wasn't real impressed.

6. Kozakvod

Kozakvod Medium Load Member

Jan 24, 2013
    I do quite a bit of relay work for carmax, hub to hub. I can’t speak for how things are working back east but i know here in tx to co and out to az things seem to move pretty quick. Irving is the tx hub and everything is distributed from there up to ok and south into Houston and San Antonio. Colorado Springs is hub up there. Phoenix there. I do know that Chattanooga is a hub as well. So it sounds like more of a management issue more than a location or distance issue.

7. Hash9286

Hash9286 Bobtail Member

Apr 23, 2018
    PA
    I paid $150 transfer few and they quoted me a 2 week waiting period. The truck was here in a week. I was kind of shocked. Just throwing my two cents in.

8. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    You could have driven from Chat-Jackson over the weekend and done the deal !

9. StrokerTSi

StrokerTSi Medium Load Member

Aug 28, 2016
    Carmax is better than picking up from an auction but you'll wait til they are ready to help you, usually always there for 45 minutes to pick up 1 car. 99% of them do have parking for us which is awesome. Most of the time I've booked a carmax move it's been through United road.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.