Do companies do background check before or after orientation?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Travelworld2067, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Travelworld2067

Travelworld2067 Light Load Member

May 10, 2018
    Im talking about calling the company and asking for a personal incident accident report. Stuff that osnt on my mvr psp or dac. I told them everything on my psp and criminal and mvr and nothing on dac except previous employer. My employer didnt add any accidents or incidents in the dac. What im trying to figiure out would this company already have asked for my record before buying me a ticket. They did run mvr psp and dac. It all checked out tho.im worried about my personal record within my current company. I did tell new company a few of my incidents but not all of them as the girl kinda interuppted me

4. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    They spent $200 on a rental....and a fantastic $55 a day for orientation.

5. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
  6. SavageMuffin

SavageMuffin Medium Load Member

Jan 11, 2018
    MS
    If you were hiring someone, would you check everything out BEFORE you spent money on getting them to orientation or would you waste that money and do it after?

7. Majestic 670

Majestic 670 Heavy Load Member

May 10, 2016
    Landcruiser
    I seen people sent home. I know of some former jobs being spiteful and giving bad references. DAC will only report what they submitted. But they can verbally talk to one another hence Blackball. This industry is built on abuse and mistreatment and people keep coming back. That's why they want highschool kids driving asap to get lifers

8. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    Bus tickets are cheap

Bus tickets are cheap they also get rentals cheap . companies don't want to spend all that money and resources before you actually shoe up it's expensive.
    They mostly just run a mvr and psp .
    I've had several recruiters tell me this over the years
    If it were me I'd be doing the full check before.
    Its why you read so many stories on here about people getting cut from orientation because they didn't disclose everything that should of.

9. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    I once new a girl that was kinda pregnant.

Coover Thanks this.
  10. silverspur

silverspur Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2012
    I just call the safety department of my current company and respectfully tell them I am moving on and would like to come in and take a peek at my file and see what is in there so I can give an accurate accounting to my next employer. I do have a right to see what is in my personnel file.

driverdriver Thanks this.
  11. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Can't say for 100% cause ever company does things their own way. But in my experience they will contact all (EXCEPT current) prior companies, before excepting you. Then when thing to be done is contact your current company. They will ask you if they can contact now. If you say no, they will reimburse your costs to come to orientation. If you say yes they will contact company. Providing you pass the bar they will then pay for you to come. I've never seen them contact company. Give you the ok, then wait till after they have spent money on you. To double check with current company and spend more money sending you home from orientation.
    So did you give them permission to contact current company?
    Are they paying your way to orientation.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.