Do Drugs, Lose Your License

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by buzzarddriver, Nov 29, 2023.

1. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Where do you get those numbers? I don't believe it's that few of younger people and the average age of truckers is actually 49. That's always been the average age. There's really no difference between then and now. The reason that was the average age 25 years ago and will still be the average age 25 years in the future is that for whatever reason trucking attracts a lot of people as a late second career choice. That's not going to change. Trucking isn't going to "age itself out of drivers". The revolving door of truckers will continue on as it always has.

Accidental Trucker and bzinger Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. NorthEastTrucker

NorthEastTrucker Medium Load Member

Sep 21, 2019
    Bud, average age is the middle usually more than the minority in the industry *average age* the MIDDLE leaning towards a, MAJORITY Etc... The numbers are there as a subpar basic example of numbers if you can not grasp it. I did NOT make up the website showing the average age of a trucker. I simply used it as a reference (proof) determining the average age of a Trucker in the Usa. If you want dispute it with the website stats creator. Click the Website link Again: How many truck drivers are in the USA? And why we need more

Last edited: Nov 29, 2023
    Reason for edit: Missing info
  4. rollin coal

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Regardless it's not really a problem and never has been. Trucking has always been like that. The freight gets covered. Nothing to see here other than Schneider talking about a driver shortage? Their whole business is built on cheap labor and turnover.

bzinger and silverspur Thank this.
  5. NorthEastTrucker

NorthEastTrucker Medium Load Member

Sep 21, 2019
  6. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
  7. rollin coal

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    I didn't say there's a majority of 20 somethings out here but I see them every day. They post bs on YouTube. They're not unheard of. It's not a crisis for trucking that mostly older people are and always have been doing the job. That article you posted is just an advertisement for Schneider.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.